Bigger lift kits

Camo_honey

First Name
Summer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara
Still waiting on a 4.5” lift kit or bigger to come out. I can’t be the only one right?
My wheels and tires are sitting pathetically in the garage until then.

Or am I just missing it?
Sponsored

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Still waiting on a 4.5” lift kit or bigger to come out. I can’t be the only one right?

Or am I just missing it?
You should go coil overs in front and triangulated 3 link rear with 8” of lift. Then I can rock 40’s on the stock Dana 30’s .

liquidcowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Or am I just missing it?
I went with a 3.5” for now and 35s. Once there are more options of 6”+ I’ll upgrade

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase

Or am I just missing it?
What size wheels/tires do you have sitting in the garage that will require 4.5"+ lift?

The skyjacker 3.5-4" kit I installed netted me a little over 4" of lift, and I feel it's too tall for the 37's I currently run(Won't go to 40's on the factory axle.)
small1.jpg

OP
OP
Camo_honey

Camo_honey

First Name
Summer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara
You should go coil overs in front and triangulated 3 link rear with 8” of lift. Then I can rock 40’s on the stock Dana 30’s .
That’ll really help a lot of people, newbies such as myself. Hope you sleep better at night with all that sarcasm out of ya.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Camo_honey

Camo_honey

First Name
Summer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited Sahara
What size wheels/tires do you have sitting in the garage that will require 4.5"+ lift?

The skyjacker 3.5-4" kit I installed netted me a little over 4" of lift, and I feel it's too tall for the 37's I currently run(Won't go to 40's on the factory axle.)
small1.jpg
I have 37’s as well but I didn’t want the tires to look stuffed under. The rubi’s fenders are a little taller so not quite sure mine would look quite like yours but I will say that’s a nice lookin rig!

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR

mvsjeepin

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18JLUR, 21JLUR

small1.jpg

i have a couple questions if you dont mind. how is the front driveshaft and brake lines with that lift? and how are the cam bolts for the arms?
jeep looks nice from the side, do you have any front and rear pictures?

Dscot10

First Name
Derik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2003 Chevrolet RCSB, 2015 Tahoe
What is the overall height of the Jeep? I was debating between the 2.5” or 3.5”. After seeing your setup I’ve decided to go with the 4”. Did you have to do anything with the driveshaft?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
i have a couple questions if you dont mind. how is the front driveshaft and brake lines with that lift? and how are the cam bolts for the arms?
jeep looks nice from the side, do you have any front and rear pictures?
Thanks! It comes with brake line extensions that work fine. I wouldn't put cam bolts on my Jeep. I'm currently driving with no form of caster correction until my control arms arrive.
Here is a picture I took today with my wife's JLU today.
sm1.jpg

What is the overall height of the Jeep? I was debating between the 2.5” or 3.5”. After seeing your setup I’ve decided to go with the 4”. Did you have to do anything with the driveshaft?
Front Driveshaft is fine for daily driving, but I don't think it will hold up under full articulation off-road. I have another driveshaft coming for it, but they are still a week or two out on production.

I don't have my soft top up but measuring to a little over the sound bar it looks to be 77" tall

Sponsored

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! It comes with brake line extensions that work fine. I wouldn't put cam bolts on my Jeep. I'm currently driving with no form of caster correction until my control arms arrive.
sm1.jpg

Front Driveshaft is fine for daily driving, but I don't think it will hold up under full articulation off-road. I have another driveshaft coming for it, but they are still a week or two out on production.

I don't have my soft top up but measuring to a little over the sound bar it looks to be 77" tall
Your Jeep looks awesome. I think around 3.5" with 37's is perfect. I am looking at the Rock Krawler and Metal Cloak kits.
Are you changing upper and lower control arms?

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
What size tire are you planning on running with a 4" lift?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Your Jeep looks awesome. I think around 3.5" with 37's is perfect. I am looking at the Rock Krawler and Metal Cloak kits.
Are you changing upper and lower control arms?
Thanks!
I agree, 3.5" would be perfect. I think once I have added all the extra weight of skids, sliders, recovery gear/air compressor etc it will settle down to where I want it to be, but by then I will probably have a different suspension setup as well(I have problems lol)
I'm actually going to a Long Arm kit, so changing all 8 arms.
You can't go wrong with either Rock Krawler or Metal Cloak, both are great companies!

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have 37’s as well but I didn’t want the tires to look stuffed under. The rubi’s fenders are a little taller so not quite sure mine would look quite like yours but I will say that’s a nice lookin rig!
I fit 35s on the Rubi without a lift no problem. (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlu-rubicon-on-35s-no-lift.7290/#post-159631)

Depending on how much flex you use may be able to run 37s without a lift for awhile haven't seen any commentary in regards to anyone whose done it yet. You def only need a 2inch lift to run 37s unless its' personally preference. I would hate having to see those tires sitting in the garage daily!

mvsjeepin

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18JLUR, 21JLUR
sm1.jpg

thanks for the pic. how is the driveline vibration with no caster correction?
Sponsored