Bestop Sunrider problem

Tmcarr61

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I have a 2020 Wrangler Sport Unlimited. Bought a Bestop Sunrider to replace the from freedom tops. Having a problem with water dripping (heavily) when I open the door after a car wash or rain storm. Gets on me and drips down to the floor. Worse on driver side. Took too off and reinstalled. Appears to be correct. Anyone else? Suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Tmcarr61

And your Freedom Panels did not do pretty much the same thing..... when you open the door in the rain you get water running down/in....

Anyway, it is normal for a JK or JL with Freedom Panels or SR installed to do this..

GaryA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a 2020 Wrangler Sport Unlimited. Bought a Bestop Sunrider to replace the from freedom tops. Having a problem with water dripping (heavily) when I open the door after a car wash or rain storm. Gets on me and drips down to the floor. Worse on driver side. Took too off and reinstalled. Appears to be correct. Anyone else? Suggestions? Thanks!
Hi, I saw your post and do not agree with the person that stated this happens with the Freedom Panels. I have a 2020 Rubicon Unlimited that had the same problem last year. I took the top off for the winter, just put it back on for my 2nd season and have the same dripping issue on the driver side after a car wash.... I just posted the issue hoping someone new replies.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The "rain gutter" is the same on both the Freedom Panels, and the Sunrider. They both drip the same. Unless your rain gutter is blocked on the normally open front part, or you park uphill, it will drain as so many have described..

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I do believe that FCA added a drip rail catch along the A pillar in 2021 but all previous models of wranglers have all had the water ingress at the spot you referenced. So It may be something that is new to the Bestop sunrider for hardtop but has been a long standing issue up until they added the improved catch system. Whether sunrider or Freedom panels.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Could someone post a pic of the new and improved 2021 version? Maybe a simple mod could be done, thanks
Sponsored