Bestop Soft Door Pics

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Rear doors arrived. They are fine for their intended purpose. They will be coming off today. Its still winter here.

bdoors1.jpg
bdoors2.jpg
bdoors3.jpg
bdoors4.jpg

-Eli
Sorry but those look more like prototypes for that kind of $$$ they look terrible, not blaming you but best top should be ashamed for this garbage at this cost

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but those look more like prototypes for that kind of $$$ they look terrible, not blaming you but best top should be ashamed for this garbage at this cost
I disagree on the looks but agree on the price.. I think they look fine. They are soft doors. Not sure what expectations are, but these are basically the same design as for the JK. I have them on my JK and they do exactly what they are supposed to do. Give you quick protection from the elements and be easily removable and stowable. Mission accomplished.

They aren't great for cruising the mall, although I'm sure they'd attract at least some attention.

They need to be about $125 per door, though. The price really is excessive for steel rods, cloth, plastic, and a tiny bit of sheet metal.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I disagree on the looks but agree on the price.. I think they look fine. They are soft doors. Not sure what expectations are, but these are basically the same design as for the JK. I have them on my JK and they do exactly what they are supposed to do. Give you quick protection from the elements and be easily removable and stowable. Mission accomplished.

They aren't great for cruising the mall, although I'm sure they'd attract at least some attention.

They need to be about $125 per door, though. The price really is excessive for steel rods, cloth, plastic, and a tiny bit of sheet metal.

Sure it is all about the cost at $1400 that is rediculous. They are wrinkled (look at the wavy windows even, it will only get worse) with no method of tensioning as the material stretches, the stitching look sloppy, The inside looks unfinished, why did they not line the inside in Black. Looks like corner cut to save cost and increase profits rather than deliver a high quality product for the excessive cost. They could have at least double stitched the seams.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I'm not bothering unless they go on sale for about half the price. Doubt it will happen, though. They got away with 800 bucks for the hardtop sunrider, so they know they can get away with this. People need to stop being so desperate for products and make a stand and not buy stuff that is obviously overpriced. A lot of these companies would definitely feel the pinch if even a few dozen people didn't instantly snap up new merchandise.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not bothering unless they go on sale for about half the price. Doubt it will happen, though. They got away with 800 bucks for the hardtop sunrider, so they know they can get away with this. People need to stop being so desperate for products and make a stand and not buy stuff that is obviously overpriced. A lot of these companies would definitely feel the pinch if even a few dozen people didn't instantly snap up new merchandise.
Yeah, I want a set, but I won't pay more than $600. I doubt they get down there, either. I do love the set on my JK and will just continue to use them on it. I've got Warn tube doors for the JL. I'm on a killer beer virus break from work, so I'll put those doors together this weekend.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Think I'll probably just wait for factory halfies or core doors.

T43

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I've been debating buying a set vs building some. Glad I saw these pics. I'll be building my own. Those do look more like prototypes than products sold for over $1000. I'd have to wonder how long it would be before a sage branch shredded those in this country. Thanks for the pics.

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I've been debating buying a set vs building some. Glad I saw these pics. I'll be building my own. Those do look more like prototypes than products sold for over $1000. I'd have to wonder how long it would be before a sage branch shredded those in this country. Thanks for the pics.
The same exact amount of time it would take for that branch to shred your top. I'm not defending the fact that they are expensive but I am not sure what you guys expected them to be. They are just like every soft door I have seen since the beginning of time. There is more material, more hardware and more gaskets in a set of 4 doors than there is in an entire soft top. How much do you pay for a top?

-Eli

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
They look fine. I also don't understand people complaining about the looks. But if you wanna compare materials and all that to arrive at a price, that's a new rabbit hole to jump down. And frankly, you'll probably find a way to say technically 1400 is a "fair" price for 4 doors if you're gonna compare to a soft top.

But sometimes you need to use common sense and not statistics, paradoxically.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They actually hold up very well to brush. My JK doors have held up to abuse for some years now. They are made/designed exactly the same way and appear to be the same material.

My only problem with them is the price.

OP
OP
TJEli

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
BTW.... My doors are Black Diamond fabric (to match my trektop) and can be found for around $1100.

-Eli

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I would consider $1400 for hard bottoms and soft uppers, But NO those will be $3K when released. Why is the Softop $2200 if bought seperateply vs $1000 if bought at time of Wrangler purchase? there is no logic other than pure gouging. It is not like Mopar is simply giving it away in good faith.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
I think your jeep looks great. My soft rear uppers arrived today and I'll get them aligned and post pictures but in the meantime, I really like the look of yours.

To me, there is nothing comparable on the market.
Sponsored