First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
So, we take delivery of the JLUR today and I have the Supertop Ultra sitting in the garage. Tomorrow is going to be sunny and in the 60's (that's a freakin' heatwave for us) so I thought we would install the soft-top tomorrow. Then I watched the install video and decide, NOPE! Not that it's all that complex, just time consuming and I don't won't to burn our first nice day with the Jeep doing that install. So, I remembered you could get at-home install through Best Top for $149 and that's exactly what we will do! Now that you know I'm lazy, my question 😋

Once it's installed the first time are subsequent swaps with the hard-top a bit easier because you can leave the soft-top partially assembled?
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Looked at the instructions, WOW, looks like the initial build is mostly putting the top together. Once put together it looks like it will be no different than the Mopar top to take off and put on. I can swap tops in under an hour pretty easily with the help of someone to lift off the hardtop, would be a one person job with a lift for the hardtop.
Gregj

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MaineBumpkin what part of Maine? When I lived in "The County" any time I called about delivery they would ask "where do you live? No, we don't go that far north." LOL

Hope it works out for you!
Gregj

ryansjeep48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I have the trek top and I swap it every summer. It’s not as hard to do once you do the initial install. Just a heads up, I saw on the bestop website that you have to order home installation at time of purchase. Not after. Not sure if this will affect your plans or not.

OP
OP
MaineBumpkin

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@MaineBumpkin what part of Maine? When I lived in "The County" any time I called about delivery they would ask "where do you live? No, we don't go that far north." LOL

Hope it works out for you!
Gregj
I'm down in loony land.. aka, Boston North, aka, Greater Portland. My wife is from the county which is why she would have no problem installing that soft-top with me but hiring someone will surely save some marriage counseling costs :like: Were you stationed at Loring?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MaineBumpkin

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have the trek top and I swap it every summer. It’s not as hard to do once you do the initial install. Just a heads up, I saw on the bestop website that you have to order home installation at time of purchase. Not after. Not sure if this will affect your plans or not.
Since I purchased at bestop.com in the past 30 days they let me order it :like: Thank goodness!

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I wasted my youth. I transferred up there for work, served six years in the county. My Son brought back a wife and two 'tater kids. Was good times, a much simpler life for sure!
Gregj
Sponsored