Sponsored

Bestop Sunrider install, install error or something else?

scarleton

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
Software Developer
I purchased this wonderful Bestop Sunrider for my 2020 JLUR from Fast Tack Auctions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider install, install error or something else? EHC01098

Upon install, I initially noticed that one of the two hooks that hold down the front was backward, so I turned that around and it installed correctly. It was not until the next day I noticed that the passenger side was not flush.

I looked at it and it does not appear to be an error on the install, but I thought I would post some questions and see if anyone has run into this, before.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Sunrider install, install error or something else? EHC01095

P.S. Yes, I have reached out to Bestop and waiting for a reply from them, too!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@scarleton

Installation issue is the problem...

Reinstall ... concentrate on the passenger side and you should see all looking aok.

Post here how you make out so other's and Bestop rep knows you are good to go.

Geeeez, you are going to truly enjoy/Love that Bestop Sunrider for JL.

@Bestop

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I had a similar issue when I first installed mine. I believe the edge of the fabric top is caught underneath where the rail and cross piece come together. You'll need to loosen it up, pull the fabric out, and tighten it back up. I was able to do it while the top was on and only had to loosen the bolts on the side that needed to be fixed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I had a similar issue when I first installed mine. I believe the edge of the fabric top is caught underneath where the rail and cross piece come together. You'll need to loosen it up, pull the fabric out, and tighten it back up. I was able to do it while the top was on and only had to loosen the bolts on the side that needed to be fixed.
@cram501

Indeed, absolutely no reason to completely remove the SR. Just loosen/remove bolts and reinstall, paying more attention to the problematic side.

A few have come here since the SR was made available with the same issue. Installer error..

While there, remove the fugly, Bestop logo on each side of the SR. SR, looks so much better without it. Logo comes off easily...

OP
OP
scarleton

scarleton

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
Software Developer
You are 100% right, it was an installer error. Yesterday, thanks to the same advice you gave, I totally took off the passenger side rail and reinstalled, all is good now. Thanks!
Sponsored