First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! That is very well said, Sir.

Thanks. I don’t entirely agree, but I better understand now.

You make good sense.

I’m approaching elderly as well.

I’m going to be 100 in 2052.
I'm a year behind ye' "old man"!! :). lololol
Sponsored

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Nice job using a thread about someone's tragedy into a place to share your photos.
You must be jealous of the photos. I, having never been there, simply viewed the photos demonstrating just how dangerous the roads there are not the op bragging. Thank you op for showing your pics.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
You must be jealous of the photos. I, having never been there, simply viewed the photos demonstrating just how dangerous the roads there are not the op bragging. Thank you op for showing your pics.
Didn't see a problem w/ it either, nice to see the terrain for a point of reference, skied Telluride first year they were open but never been trailing around there. Thanks for the pics, looks like a great place to explore.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I seen this yesterday posted by the San Miguel Sheriffs. It’s crazy, not sure what happened, I was just there about a month ago, and talked with a buddy that’s a Telluride Marshall there still trying to figure out how it happened.

Here’s the trail where it happened, kind of wide. And I guess they were there for a little while before being able to call 911

F24F9FCC-081A-4A4F-835B-5F23A7C6FBE1.jpeg

EE6FCD19-3B0A-4002-9EA7-B6E9CADAA757.jpeg

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
That certainly looks like a safe place to pass, but you need to understand that many people on the high passes are simply not competent, and/or scared half to death.

They often pull over in really lousy places, and one must deal with their choices.

I tend to go way high, if I have a choice, because that gives them more room, and they aren’t typically as willing to go up sideways as I am.

In the end, though, I pretty much always know where each one of my 4 wheels is, and where it is going next.

I consider that to be critically important information.

Sponsored

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Does the fact that the photos Ron shared do not show the road the incident occurred on change your opinion?
No sorry. Gives me a general idea of the dangers on that route.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure about that bombastic statement. I am in my 50s and I feel like 80 way too often.
I’m with you there. It’s all about the mileage, not the age.

Wokiebear

First Name
Patricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Harumpt! Young whipper snappers. Guess that puts me in the elite then. I'm on the edge of 73 AND female AND loving driving my 2018 JLU. Only consolation to my "advancing maturity" I made is to replace the side step rails with one that upon opening the door flops down another lower step so I don't do further damage to my reconstructed left hip...and using the handhold to hoist up. It's a fun trip. Would LOVE to go on some of those trips -- with someone else driving.
Sponsored