Sponsored

Be careful out there!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Wow, would be interesting to see the whole path that Jeep took from the initial trail. At 72 I'm sure it's going to be a tough recovery, but 72 yr old Jeepers are tough folk, best wishes for their healing. And yeah, that cage held up well and did it's job.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Imogene can definitely bite you if you’re not paying attention. I pray all is well with them.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Imogene can definitely bite you if you’re not paying attention. I pray all is well with them.
Just ran it the other day. There are sure-enough lots of places where the trail is narrow, with a virtual cliff on the low side, and lots of traffic in both directions. Passing is often sketchy.

A wheel dropped over the edge, and one could easily be tumbling down- mountain.

I pray for them as well. Good on ‘em for still getting out there.

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Last September when we did Imogene, we came across a Jeep that had just rolled 300-400’ on the Ouray side. We were there 3 hours while our friend (a cop) was down the side of the cliff rendering aid. Passenger was transported out, but the driver was flown out by chopper. Just because a lot of the trails out in Colorado are easy, you still have to respect them. They can bite.

Prayers to this couple for a full recovery.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
The word “elderly” is not pejorative.

It is merely descriptive, and 72 qualifies for that description.
Unfortunately in our society "elderly" has taken on a usage of being old, incapacitated in some way or another, past one's "prime", etc. If it was not pejorative, it wouldn't have been used in the byline. It simply would have been "Couple". Somehow it captures attention because "elderly" and "Jeep" somehow do not seem to go together.

Elder on the other hand still has the connotation of respect, as in "respect your elders", etc.

Just my 2 cents worth. Nothing to get me all riled up. Just as I approach "elder" status, I guess I'm a little more sensitive. :)

Sponsored