Sponsored

Is there a JL truck conversion out there yet?

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Go back to the 90's and look at regular cabs vs the 4 door offerings...no contest.
Otoh, pickups weren't being used a family haulers so much back then. CAFE had driven out big sedans and wagons, and many had moved into SUVs. The pickup didn't need to take the place of the family car.

But with the price of both SUVs and pickups today, many people can't swing both. So many tend to pick the 4 door trucks.

I'd love a 2 door JT too, though.
Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
The J12 is my favorite EJS pickup concept.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a JL truck conversion out there yet? 6a00d83451b3c669e201676527487f970b

The J6 is built off a JLU frame (J12 too), not a Gladiator, so the same towing/payload constraints of the Wrangler remain.

That may not be a problem for those who want a smaller off road pickup over an suv, but for those who want truck capability it is a bigger ask of Jeep.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
There's more to that J12 than meets the eye. The doors and roof are about 2" taller and the wheelbase is longer than a JKU's. If Jeep would have built those, I would have had to have one.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
There's more to that J12 than meets the eye. The doors and roof are about 2" taller and the wheelbase is longer than a JKU's. If Jeep would have built those, I would have had to have one.
I love the m715 front end, as well as the bench seat with plaid upholstery.

For a brief second, I held out hope that the Gladiator would have the m715 look, when the teasers prior to reveal touted a "surprising new look."

Given how many concepts they'd done with the m715, the JTs namesake, and wanting to emphasize that it's not just a Wrangler with a bed, I hoped there was slightest chance.

In the end, Jeep wouldn't even change the rear doors. 🤣

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
The J12 is my favorite EJS pickup concept.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a JL truck conversion out there yet? 6a00d83451b3c669e201676527487f970b

The J6 is built off a JLU frame (J12 too), not a Gladiator, so the same towing/payload constraints of the Wrangler remain.

That may not be a problem for those who want a smaller off road pickup over an suv, but for those who want truck capability it is a bigger ask of Jeep.
You can't tell me they couldn't put a Ram frame under a Jeep body...best of both worlds.
They make you buy 2 vehicles instead of 1.

Sponsored

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep JLR
I know this is a really old thread but stumbled on this today online. Company is called AADS.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a JL truck conversion out there yet? B7161129-D2F1-467B-87D2-23525C40AB12
Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a JL truck conversion out there yet? DAFB0066-0083-45CD-8191-4029CCF015EA

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
How could the hood be raised on that conversion? It seems the snorkel would be fouled by the passenger mirror after lifting the hood just a few inches. Perhaps it's compulsory for the owner to remove (unplug) the exterior plumbing before doing so?

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep JLR
How could the hood be raised on that conversion? It seems the snorkel would be fouled by the passenger mirror after lifting the hood just a few inches. Perhaps it's compulsory for the owner to remove (unplug) the exterior plumbing before doing so?
It’s looks to be a standard ARB Snorkel.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The best/easiest way to make a 2dr truck would be to start with a JT, cut the back door section out, move the rear of the cab forward to seal it off and shorten the frame to around JLU length. If one wanted to get really ambitious, relocate the rear JT box wheelwells back and set it on a JLU chassis.
Sponsored