Sponsored

Battery Problems - JLR reliable off road?

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I might agree but after going to the dealer, I did take my JL to an auto parts store near my house.
The counter guy came out to my Jeep, hooked up a battery tester and had me crank the engine with the battery jumper attached. The voltage on starting was 123 and this cranking voltage should be 700 or so. Simple test...bad main battery. Not three hours.

This morning the ESS system is working and I did nothing but change the main battery. No trickle charge.

I will be looking into the Genesis system also. Thanks
Mine is 12.6 In the with arb refrigerator hooked up, I suspect you have some drain going on.
Sponsored

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
just saw this thread. the threshold for the "not ready due to outside temperature" is around 107-108F for some period of time (driving a few minutes at least?). we have been in the 105+ range for a couple of weeks now, and been watching for this to figure out the logic to it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Battery Problems - JLR reliable off road? IMG_1492.JPG

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
just saw this thread. the threshold for the "not ready due to outside temperature" is around 107-108F for some period of time (driving a few minutes at least?). we have been in the 105+ range for a couple of weeks now, and been watching for this to figure out the logic to it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Battery Problems - JLR reliable off road? IMG_1492.JPG
The ESS system doesn’t like to be hot.
the system doesn’t like to be cold.
the system doesn’t like humidity
the system doesn’t like arid air
the system doesn’t like altitude
the system doesn’t like sea level

but, if you live at 600 feet above sea level, where it’s always Partly cloudy, 70-degrees, with 60% relative humidity, the system should work fine for a week or two or until it just doesn’t.
Sponsored