Sponsored

Battery light on - battery saver on?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Johnwiththejeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara Unlimited 2018
Hi Johnwiththejeep,
You can use the link below to check for open recalls for your vehicle or send us a message via private message with your VIN.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

Rob
Jeep Cares
Thanks for sending me this info! Just spoke to FCA and they said the 2018 Jeep Wrangler is covered for the recall but not the 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara which is insane as the only difference is the interior. The PCM module is the same! How can I get this issue brought up so that other Jeep Wrangler Sahara customers can have a voice in this matter? Very disappointed in FCA and Jeep right now.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Thanks for sending me this info! Just spoke to FCA and they said the 2018 Jeep Wrangler is covered for the recall but not the 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara which is insane as the only difference is the interior. The PCM module is the same! How can I get this issue brought up so that other Jeep Wrangler Sahara customers can have a voice in this matter? Very disappointed in FCA and Jeep right now.
Who did you talk to? Some no name no help customer service rep for the brand? They know nothing about cars.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi,
We apologize for any dissatisfaction. To speak to our recall department and make a formal complaint please use this number 800-853-1403.

Rob
Jeep Cares

Johnwiththejeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara Unlimited 2018
Who did you talk to? Some no name no help customer service rep for the brand? They know nothing about cars.
Lol Some lady who knew nothing about cars and just said that ā€œYou Jeep unfortunately isnā€™t covered because this is only for the Jeep Wrangler not wWrangler Sahara. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø To get anyone to help you from FCA or your dealership is always like pulling teeth. My Jeep is now at the shop AGAIN and they have told me the issues is the ABS system. Seems to be a long list of issues for a Jeep thats barely 3 years old.

bwagman

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hello. Happy to be part of this group. This is my first post. Prior to this I shared this same post on a Jeep Wrangler FB group. Iā€™m searching for help!

Summary: wifeā€™s jeep broke down on highway 100 miles into trip. 2020 Sahara. 2.0L with etorque. See original post for details. Purchased new. Currently 64k miles. I have the Genuine Mopar vehicle protection Plan (7 years 100k miles). Dealer serviced.

Lost power on highway. Dash lights on. Issue electrical. 100 mile tow to dealer. 22 stored codes, majority electrical. 2nd time car needed to be towed. First time was for a bad battery diagnosis 1.5 years into ownership.

18 days and still no dealership diagnosis. No loaner. Star case opened 8 days ago at my demand. Dealer was reluctant. STAR should have been opened after 1-2 days no diagnosis according to STAR protocol. Dealer work involved starting the car and taking for test drives for lights to come on. Testing wiring, battery, and ECU flash. Unfortunately, Lights were never duplicated. If I towed to another dealership would be 30 days before they look at it. Today, Dealer tells me STAR diagnosis; car isnā€™t driven enough in order for battery to charge. Or car is running too long at idle. Laughable! Wife drives 20k miles a year. Work commute is 30 miles round trip. She lives in the car, shuffling kids to practices and games. Dealer said they are going to release the car back to me at Star recommendation. Completely Fā€™d up diagnosis. Makes no sense. Problem not fixed. Since STAR case opened I have gotten zero follow up from case manager. Called a dozen times. Getting a supervisor on the phone is impossible. First they filed case with wrong dealership. Then they assigned the wrong case manager. I Filed complaint with Jeep Wave. Havenā€™t heard anything from STAR or Jeep WAVE. Iā€™ve done all the calling. Been getting runaround.

Never had I ever had to deal with an issue like this. Honda Care, no problem. Ford Extended Service Plan, no problem. Subaru Added Security, no problem. BMW certified pre owned warranty, no problem. Cars were always properly diagnosed and fixed under the plan that I paid additional for. I could have gone 3rd party warranty figured staying manufacturer cuts out the bullshit.

Conclusion: Jeep, Mopar, and STAR all suck. The only thing good about them is this FB group that has been awesome with helpful tips.

Haters have fun with my opinion. But this is the reality weā€™ve had with our beloved jeep.

Iā€™ve pretty much exhausted my options. Maybe Lemon Law or Lawsuit, especially if the car breaks down again. Hopefully it wonā€™t happen on the highway in the left lane (like it did this time without incident getting over to the shoulder) otherwise it could be bad for us and Mopar, hence a lawsuit.

Thatā€™s all I gotā€¦.

Jeep Wrangler JL Battery light on - battery saver on? 71242361894__249B4019-D61E-4A5C-8FC8-C3325171E159

Jeep Wrangler JL Battery light on - battery saver on? 71242908325__AB062AAA-588F-4A34-A646-6B14AD536EAA

IMG_7908.jpeg

iAmMikeHill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Hello. Happy to be part of this group. This is my first post. Prior to this I shared this same post on a Jeep Wrangler FB group. Iā€™m searching for help!

Summary: wifeā€™s jeep broke down on highway 100 miles into trip. 2020 Sahara. 2.0L with etorque. See original post for details. Purchased new. Currently 64k miles. I have the Genuine Mopar vehicle protection Plan (7 years 100k miles). Dealer serviced.

Lost power on highway. Dash lights on. Issue electrical. 100 mile tow to dealer. 22 stored codes, majority electrical. 2nd time car needed to be towed. First time was for a bad battery diagnosis 1.5 years into ownership.

18 days and still no dealership diagnosis. No loaner. Star case opened 8 days ago at my demand. Dealer was reluctant. STAR should have been opened after 1-2 days no diagnosis according to STAR protocol. Dealer work involved starting the car and taking for test drives for lights to come on. Testing wiring, battery, and ECU flash. Unfortunately, Lights were never duplicated. If I towed to another dealership would be 30 days before they look at it. Today, Dealer tells me STAR diagnosis; car isnā€™t driven enough in order for battery to charge. Or car is running too long at idle. Laughable! Wife drives 20k miles a year. Work commute is 30 miles round trip. She lives in the car, shuffling kids to practices and games. Dealer said they are going to release the car back to me at Star recommendation. Completely Fā€™d up diagnosis. Makes no sense. Problem not fixed. Since STAR case opened I have gotten zero follow up from case manager. Called a dozen times. Getting a supervisor on the phone is impossible. First they filed case with wrong dealership. Then they assigned the wrong case manager. I Filed complaint with Jeep Wave. Havenā€™t heard anything from STAR or Jeep WAVE. Iā€™ve done all the calling. Been getting runaround.

Never had I ever had to deal with an issue like this. Honda Care, no problem. Ford Extended Service Plan, no problem. Subaru Added Security, no problem. BMW certified pre owned warranty, no problem. Cars were always properly diagnosed and fixed under the plan that I paid additional for. I could have gone 3rd party warranty figured staying manufacturer cuts out the bullshit.

Conclusion: Jeep, Mopar, and STAR all suck. The only thing good about them is this FB group that has been awesome with helpful tips.

Haters have fun with my opinion. But this is the reality weā€™ve had with our beloved jeep.

Iā€™ve pretty much exhausted my options. Maybe Lemon Law or Lawsuit, especially if the car breaks down again. Hopefully it wonā€™t happen on the highway in the left lane (like it did this time without incident getting over to the shoulder) otherwise it could be bad for us and Mopar, hence a lawsuit.

Thatā€™s all I gotā€¦.

Jeep Wrangler JL Battery light on - battery saver on? IMG_7908

Sorry youā€™re going through this. My battery issues, which I posted about above, were resolved after I paid out-of-pocket to replace the battery. Battery was less than three years old but after replacing it, Iā€™ve never had the issue come back. For me, it wasnā€™t worth the time to keep fighting with Jeep.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Thatā€™s all I gotā€¦.

This may sound like sarcasm, but totally serious...
  1. Have you checked to make sure all the fuses are seated properly?
  2. Have you replaced the Auxiliary Battery?

Mixtape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2.0L
3 times since then (this morning being the latest), my Jeep (JLUR2.0) has thrown the ā€˜Battery Saver Onā€™ error, but no subsequent issues after that. The error goes away after the next stop / start. I have noticed a pattern to this though... on all 4 occasions I had remote started the Jeep and let it run for at least 5 minutes before gettin in and turning it on. When I do this, the error appears within 1/2 mile of Leaving my driveway. Sometimes I remote start and jump in within 2-3 minutes, but the issue does not happen then. Itā€™s also usually colder outside when I remote start for 5+ minutes so that could be related, but I think itā€™s not weather related.
This exact scenario happened to me this morning. It snowed this morning, so I used the remote start while I removed the snow off the Jeep. About five minutes into my commute, I got the Battery Saver On message (no battery icon, though). During the rest of my commute this morning, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I'll check again during lunch.

iAmMikeHill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
This exact scenario happened to me this morning. It snowed this morning, so I used the remote start while I removed the snow off the Jeep. About five minutes into my commute, I got the Battery Saver On message (no battery icon, though). During the rest of my commute this morning, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I'll check again during lunch.
i still have the issue, but like you say itā€™s never (not anymore anyway) and real issue just an alert that goes away. Only after a remote start on a cold morning and letting the jeep run for more than 7 minutes before getting in.
I also replaced my main battery about 2 years ago.
Sponsored