First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
3.6M JLUR with hd towing and accessory button package.
So start stop hasn’t worked in like 6 months. The auxiliary buttons also tend to die if I’m parked a day or two but come back after about 5mins of driving.

The dealership replaced the battery and battery sensor. Nothing. Goes back in again tomorrow.

Thoughts? It worked for about 7months no issues. The only thing installed is rock slide engineering step slides on Aux 1 with power to that line at all times. I’ve tried turning aux 1 off. No change. And those step slides have been on there since day 1 and it worked fine for half a year.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
3.6M JLUR with hd towing and accessory button package.
So start stop hasn’t worked in like 6 months. The auxiliary buttons also tend to die if I’m parked a day or two but come back after about 5mins of driving.

The dealership replaced the battery and battery sensor. Nothing. Goes back in again tomorrow.

Thoughts? It worked for about 7months no issues. The only thing installed is rock slide engineering step slides on Aux 1 with power to that line at all times. I’ve tried turning aux 1 off. No change. And those step slides have been on there since day 1 and it worked fine for half a year.
Which battery did they replace? There’s a ton of threads on this topic. It’s gonna be that your AUX battery is failing. Just bypass it and disable ESS.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-6l-ess-aux-battery-bypass.17293/

Trident1231

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler sahara
Occupation
Dental hygienist
I had the same issue, took it to the dealership, they tried charging the main battery and it failed, same with the aux battery. They replaced both under warranty. The car was there for 4 hrs. Got it back, everything works fine (been 3months now)
Sponsored