Battery conversion kit

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I think that Genesis should come out with an enclosure that does nothing more than move the buried motorcycle battery up next to the big battery. Easy to replace and probably easier to jump with a portable jumper (connect directly to motorcycle battery).

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I think that Genesis should come out with an enclosure that does nothing more than move the buried motorcycle battery up next to the big battery. Easy to replace and probably easier to jump with a portable jumper (connect directly to motorcycle battery).
If you remove the inner fender liner, then 3 more bolts, the ESS battery drops right out the bottom. Seriously less than a 10 minute job.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
If you remove the inner fender liner, then 3 more bolts, the ESS battery drops right out the bottom. Seriously less than a 10 minute job.
No kidding? Is this the simplest way to get to the battery for a quick change or charge?

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
It’s what I would do. And I have done it, so I know it works. You would have to disconnect the cables to pull it out and charge, or leave it hanging by the wires. Can’t access the wires without dropping it first.

Sponsored

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I have the genesis battery kit. Removing the little battery was a giant bitch. Not something you could easily do in a parking lot when your Jeep battery dies and leaves you stranded in a year or so after buying it.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
this is great info. i'm thinking of doing a dual battery setup and loose the ess battery. does anyone know how long the original battery from the factory last.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
this is great info. i'm thinking of doing a dual battery setup and loose the ess battery. does anyone know how long the original battery from the factory last.
Not long enough. At the dealership now dealing with a dead aux battery for my '18 JLUR that's not even 18 months old. Seems 18 months is when these motorcycle batteries start to die. Love the Genesis product and will probably go that route one day though I wonder if it voids a warranty?

Sponsored