Sponsored

Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Has anyone installed this on a JLU Sport S? Curious to see pics and how the install went and your opinion on the bumper. I would not be doing the winch, just the bumper. I know there has been talk of a fog light compatibility issue- I have replaced the halogens with LEDs so not sure how that would play out. Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-trail-force-hd-front-bumper-2018-jl.html
Sponsored

AmesosaurusRex

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Punk'n Metallic
I received mine on Monday and will be installing it on my Rubicon's to replace a plastic bumper, this weekend. I can let you know how the install process goes, since it should be the same with the plastic bumper and LEDs.

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received mine on Monday and will be installing it on my Rubicon's to replace a plastic bumper, this weekend. I can let you know how the install process goes, since it should be the same with the plastic bumper and LEDs.
Thank you!!!

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to seeing it!

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed this on a JLU Sport S? Curious to see pics and how the install went and your opinion on the bumper. I would not be doing the winch, just the bumper. I know there has been talk of a fog light compatibility issue- I have replaced the halogens with LEDs so not sure how that would play out. Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-trail-force-hd-front-bumper-2018-jl.html
I have the halogen fog lights and they don't fit at all. They have a 3 screw mounting pattern, and the Barricade has a 4 screw mounting pattern. I can almost get 1 screw to line up and have the fog light centered, but it isn't solid. The light will bounce with barely a tap. Probably going to get cheapo Amazon lights for a JK since they have the right bolt pattern.

20180816_161911.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the halogen fog lights and they don't fit at all. They have a 3 screw mounting pattern, and the Barricade has a 4 screw mounting pattern. I can almost get 1 screw to line up and have the fog light centered, but it isn't solid. The light will bounce with barely a tap. Probably going to get cheapo Amazon lights for a JK since they have the right bolt pattern.

20180816_161911.jpg
Just installed mine also- pics soon. My husband and our friend messed with the lights and came up with a way to keep the fog lights in. Hopefully it stays lol! I really love the way this bumper looks!

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know to get your license plate mounted on it?!

Sponsored

AmesosaurusRex

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Punk'n Metallic
Thank you!!!
Install went well over the weekend. Note that you will need to file or grind out about 2mm from 3 of the mounting holes on the bumper frame mounts in order for the bolts to go through.

LED fogs from plastic bumper mounted up perfectly. These are the fogs with 4 mounting points (halogens have 3, LEDs from steel bumper have 2).

I will upload some pictures of it after work.

OP
OP
steelerpsugirl

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Install went well over the weekend. Note that you will need to file or grind out about 2mm from 3 of the mounting holes on the bumper frame mounts in order for the bolts to go through.

LED fogs from plastic bumper mounted up perfectly. These are the fogs with 4 mounting points (halogens have 3, LEDs from steel bumper have 2).

I will upload some pictures of it after work.
Install for us was pretty smooth also. We had to seal in the fog lights because mine didn't work right, but they are fine now! We didn't have to do any filing at all which was good. I was impressed and remain impressed with the look of this bumper!! Hope you're enjoying yours!

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I finally had a chance to use the bumper/winch combo :cwl:. I've been all over with it and finally got stuck in the dunes at Florence Oregon. Everything worked flawlessly. I went with the Barricade 9,500lb winch with synthetic rope. It worked hard, but never got hot or skipped a beat getting me free.

20181020_154247.jpg

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I finally had a chance to use the bumper/winch combo :cwl:. I've been all over with it and finally got stuck in the dunes at Florence Oregon. Everything worked flawlessly. I went with the Barricade 9,500lb winch with synthetic rope. It worked hard, but never got hot or skipped a beat getting me free.

20181020_154247.jpg
Glad it all worked. Same setup here.
Sponsored