First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Small Business Owner
I have a 2021 Rubicon with the factory steel bumper and LED fog lights, and I am weighing my options with regards to adding a winch. I am looking at a Warn VR EVO 10-S winch, so I would need a winch plate to mount it to the steel bumper. In addition, I want to add a bar to the bumper. As I was browsing for options, I ran across the Barricade Adventure HD, and it includes both a winch plate and a bar as a part of its design, and costs less than adding the plate and bar to my existing bumper. However, I am finding conflicting information on installing it on a JL Rubicon.

I was wondering:
  1. Any installation issues to be aware of,
  2. Do the LED fog lights install without modification,
  3. Can I reinstall the factory skid plate once this new bumper is attached, and
  4. Is there any potential issue with the Warn VR EVO 10-S and this bumper?
The biggest question is would this be a smart move over keeping the existing steel bumper that my Rubicon came with?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
I have this bumper. Install was straight forward. Fog lights fit right in. The factory skid plate will not work unless you do your own modifications. And I am running a 12k winch on mine and it fits perfectly.

GPP Offroad.jpg

OP
OP
ifonline

ifonline

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Small Business Owner
The factory skid plate will not work unless you do your own modifications.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Now to see what skid plate options are out there...

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Now to see what skid plate options are out there...
Thats the other thing. Ive looked for a skid plate to fit and havent found anything . If you come across something that works let me know.

OP
OP
ifonline

ifonline

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Small Business Owner
I'm now looking at changing gears... I spoke with Maximus-3 earlier this morning and confirmed that the factory steel skid plate on my 2021 Rubicon will still mate with the factory steel bumper my Jeep came with if I install the Maximus-3 winch plate. This way I keep my factory steel bumper, which I like, and get to keep the factory steel skid plate as well. Plus, I don't have to worry about the LED fog lights fitting, as apparently the Rubicon comes with different LED fog light brackets.
Sponsored