Backup Cam Guide Lines Gone

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
Great reply, so you are saying that it will resolve in a few months with another update? I wonder if it will be another OTA (over the air) update? Mine seem to occasionally disappear, but reappear after restarting. I'm just so used to them being there, when they are not , I think something's wrong.
Yes, it will be an OTA update. It’s madding I know.
Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Yesterday, I had lines, then I didn't.

Every day is a roll of the dice. 😒

HHDUTCHMAN

First Name
Hylke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Camry SE. ‘14 Odyssey EX-L
I just bought my Jeep last Thursday. My lines are gone most of the time. I can’t believe there are three year old threads on this exact issue - kinda unacceptable in my view.

w4jcb

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
w4jcb.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Great reply, so you are saying that it will resolve in a few months with another update? I wonder if it will be another OTA (over the air) update? Mine seem to occasionally disappear, but reappear after restarting. I'm just so used to them being there, when they are not , I think something's wrong.

Hello All a NEW Jeep owner here...

Just bought my first Jeep and have already seen this in my Jeep as well. I check my Uconnect and it is has no update to load. Any insight would be great!

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Hello All a NEW Jeep owner here...

Just bought my first Jeep and have already seen this in my Jeep as well. I check my Uconnect and it is has no update to load. Any insight would be great!
It's a known issue, courtesy of @JbuckTN

Here is the reboot process:
Ensure your vehicle is in park and in “Run” mode.
Press and hold down the volume and tuner knob buttons at the same time.
Hold down the knobs for 10 – 20 seconds.
After holding down the knobs, the screen should flash your vehicle brand name and then go dark.
After a few moments the brand name will return, the system will reinitialize, and it will return you to the main UConnect screen.

This reboot will only put them back on as long as they wish to be back on then they will disappear again.

The "expected" fix is to arrive in Q2 2021, which probably means summer or next year. Some of us are currently making a game out of it, you can make up the name that suits you. The name for mine today is, Lines or No Lines?

w4jcb

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
w4jcb.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

After holding down the knobs, the screen should flash your vehicle brand name and then go dark.
After a few moments the brand name will return, the system will reinitialize, and it will return you to the main UConnect screen.

This reboot will only put them back on as long as they wish to be back on then they will disappear again.

The "expected" fix is to arrive in Q2 2021, which probably means summer or next year. Some of us are currently making a game out of it, you can make up the name that suits you. The name for mine today is, Lines or No Lines?
Thanks

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
This is funny because I was just going to post about it. I noticed that the lines come and go on mine and was wondering where the checkbox is to turn it on/off.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with parksense. It seems like when things are beeping it has a better chance of displaying the lines.
Nope, I have 2 Jeeps, one with and one without parksense, happens on both of them.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

After the dealer had my 80th Edition in the shop today, they claimed they could find no problem and it was working OK. I go to the dealer to pick it up, and it's NOT ok. No lines. I do the reset you mentioned. No lines.

Several threads indicate this problem has persisted for at least three years.

FCA hasn't addressed this issue and it's clear that it's a chronic problem that affects many new owners. 😒

Reactions: Tab

onpatrol99

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
UCONNECT / BACK-UP Camera / 3 years of LIP SERVICE. , FCA / Jeep continues to sell the system at a premium price in the Wrangler but is failing to Fix the UCONNECT Problems. Take a look at the Five Video's I am posting. I have these UCONNECT failures almost every day.

Good Evening, I own a 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited and I have had multiple issues with the Back up Camera and the U-Connect system, I have been to the dealer multiple times for these problems without a resolution. I have contact "Jeep Wave" and FCA / Chrysler who has a team who only works on the UCONNECT system issues. Since the day I left the dealer lot with my Rubicon I have had problems with this system which cannot be corrected. Jeep / FCA is well aware of the problems associated with the UCONNECT System and still do not provide a resolution. I have been told "Next Quarter, we will have a fix for the system, just be patient." Three years later.... No FIX, The above videos are a regular occurrence. I have an open case, and these video's have been submitted. yet no resolution to these issues. Jeep / FCA keeps selling this UCONNECT on the Wranglers without disclosure.
Ironically I paid for the UPGRADED larger screen system. Watch the videos and you will see. I will also add my emailed concerns to this response.

=================================
EMAIL TO FCA

Date: Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: Drive Uconnect
[ ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z1A2TdP:ref ]
To: Sarah <[email protected]>

Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Your case number is 77854307

I have attached FIVE (5) video links to this email.

There are multiple issues with the Uconnect.

1. GPS randomly shows me driving in the ocean or another state.
2. Screen freezes and does not allow you to change the radio station, XM, etc.
3. Screen freezes and reboots the entire system. Sometimes this happens multiple times, before you can actually use Uconnect.
4. Backup camera has black screen with words randomly.
5. Backup camera has black screen without words randomly.

I’ve been through multiple service advisors and service managers. Usually never the same person more than twice and most service advisors had little to no knowledge about the Uconnect or how to document the problems. I have been told to wait for the OVER THE AIR updates, but when is the last time UCONNECT did an over the air update on my Uconnect? Also I have been told to go on the web and download any updates only to go through the process of the download, follow the instructions, and the Uconnect tells me I already have the most up to date version. The latest information from John at the service department was last Friday, 12-04-20 who asked "Didn't we replace the radio?" I advised "NO", but John the service advisor did not read the service history and just recently returned to the rotation of service advisors who have helped me. The Service Manager came up to me last week and showed me a TSB from FCA which says, wait until 2021 for a new version of Uconnect.

NEXT EMAIL -
Mar 29, 2021, 3:38 PM

Good afternoon,

As of yesterday it looks like the Uconnect system has an entirely new problem.

Along with rebooting, screen locking, map shows me in the ocean, RADIO XM ETC on all formats have sound cutting out ever 2-3 seconds, the system calling arbitrary people using my phone service, loss of preset and saved favorite Contact's and many more issues.

Apple Car Play no longer works. Uconnect displays an error message on the Uconnect screen “device is not supported.” I have attached a picture of this message.

When can we expect some type of resolution to these problems with the Uconnect system?

Just about the entire system in my vehicle does not work. I paid a lot of money for the system and I expect a product that will work.

If you are not going to fix the problem in a timely manner then let’s start talking about replacement with a product that will work.

I have owned jeep for over two years now and I have not been able to use the product that I purchased.

I’m asking again that you get your supervisor involved or maybe even his supervisor involved.

I am tired of the empty promises of we are fixing it just wait until first quarter of 2021 is over.

First quarter is over in two days. Where is the resolution and the working product that I purchased?

Again maybe it is time to get the supervisors involved.

Tim
===============================

RESPONCE FROM FCA CASE MANAGER

Sarah Responded (FCA / CHRYSLER)
Case Manager.
[email protected]
[email protected]
Thu, Apr 1, 3:55 PM

Hi, Tim,

The first step of the three step update launched in Q1 of 2021. There is no timeline for one step two or step 3 will be released.

If you are experiencing vehicle concerns, please contact your dealership to have a diagnosis completed.

--

Sarah

Uconnect Case Management

1-800-826-6632 EXT. 3025449

================================

FINAL RESPONCE FROM FCA CASE MANAGER.
[email protected]
Apr 16, 2021, 5:45 PM

Hi, Tim,

Our processes have changed when it comes to updates for customers who are waiting for software updates.

We have created a queue for customer who waiting for step 2 and step 3. You will be notified via email when each step is released.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to resolve your concerns.

--

Sarah

Uconnect Case Management

1-800-826-6632 EXT. 302544
Apr 16, 2021, 5:45 PM

Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep/FCA/Stellantis has been very unresponsive in regards to this widespread defect.

This is extremely disappointing.

ynygma

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
So, do we have to do something on our end to start the step process or will it just be installed silently without our intervention?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
So, do we have to do something on our end to start the step process or will it just be installed silently without our intervention?
One day when you turn off the ignition you will be prompted to “update now” or “schedule later.” There is no opting out.

I have 2018 and have received three such updates so far. One was in summer of 2018, and the other two were from spring 2021.

ynygma

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
One day when you turn off the ignition you will be prompted to “update now” or “schedule later.” There is no opting out.

I have 2018 and have received three such updates so far. One was in summer of 2018, and the other two were from spring 2021.
Yeah I just bought my 2021 JLUR 2 weeks ago

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
An update will appear on your Uconnect system (providing it is not too large and requires a trip to the dealer) and will prompt you for an update. Will take about an hour and should be fixed. That is the promise.
Sponsored