Lost backup camera guide lines

Tab

First Name
Tab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
I never received the over the air update to fix the backup camera guidelines issue, so I took my Jeep to the dealer last Thursday (4 Nov). Lo and behold, the dealer did have an update and it's published in their maintenance tech order under "TSB 08-133-21". They updated the radio software, and no longer have the camera backup guidelines missing like before. I'm a happy camper :)
Mine was done around the first of August and I have not had it happen since! YAY!
Sponsored

b_pappy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
not positive this is the thread I read yesterday, but you folks were correct. First the backup guide lines disappeared, then the whole camera went dark. Today it works fine. Weird

SunnyJL

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
not positive this is the thread I read yesterday, but you folks were correct. First the backup guide lines disappeared, then the whole camera went dark. Today it works fine. Weird
Mine work, don't work, screen has gone black a couple of times, car play disconnects and the sensors sometimes will not warn me or show anything behind me on the screen. This has been going on since about a week after I got my jeep in 2021. I've taken it to the dealer twice, had the upgrades and they reset the radio. I am going to call and see if they will just replace the radio, unless someone has another suggestion. For the amount of money spent, I expected better. I have a 2008 Grand Cherokee with no bells and whistles. It's still running with no issues at over 120,000 miles.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mine work, don't work, screen has gone black a couple of times, car play disconnects and the sensors sometimes will not warn me or show anything behind me on the screen. This has been going on since about a week after I got my jeep in 2021. I've taken it to the dealer twice, had the upgrades and they reset the radio. I am going to call and see if they will just replace the radio, unless someone has another suggestion. For the amount of money spent, I expected better. I have a 2008 Grand Cherokee with no bells and whistles. It's still running with no issues at over 120,000 miles.
Hi SunnyJL,

If you decide to bring your Jeep into service and would like any additional support through the diagnosis and repair, we're happy to help any way we can. Feel welcome to send us a private message to discuss any concerns further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

SunnyJL

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi SunnyJL,

If you decide to bring your Jeep into service and would like any additional support through the diagnosis and repair, we're happy to help any way we can. Feel welcome to send us a private message to discuss any concerns further.

Steph
Jeep Cares
I plan on contacting my dealer early next week to try to set things up. I appreciate your reply and offer for help. I will certainly message you with any concerns. Thank you!

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I plan on contacting my dealer early next week to try to set things up. I appreciate your reply and offer for help. I will certainly message you with any concerns. Thank you!
We look forward to it, SunnyJL!

Steph
Jeep Cares

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I have an 18 and this happens at least once a week. I like to guess whether I will have backup lines or not on a day to day basis.

SunnyJL

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The service guy at my dealership acted like heā€™d never heard of this before. So my Jeep is the only one sold from your dealership to have this issue? I doubt it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have an 18 and this happens at least once a week. I like to guess whether I will have backup lines or not on a day to day basis.
Hi there, captainstabbins

If you'd like additional assistance with the backup lines, our team is happy to check it out for you. You can send us a PM with your VIN anytime to get started.

Steph
Jeep Cares

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Hi there, captainstabbins

If you'd like additional assistance with the backup lines, our team is happy to check it out for you. You can send us a PM with your VIN anytime to get started.

Steph
Jeep Cares
I am out of warranty support.

Sponsored

SunnyJL

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer updated the software and (fingers crossed) it has been working fine.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My dealer updated the software and (fingers crossed) it has been working fine.
Glad to hear this is working better, SunnyJL

If anything comes up that needs additional support, feel welcome to PM us anytime.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Sponsored