Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I appologize if this has been answered before.

Does anyone happen to know what the backspace or the offset on the JL Rubicon wheels? I'm considering ordering wheels/tires before my JL gets here, but I would like to take some measurements before I do.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
It’s 6 or 6.5

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
The lower you go the further it pushes them out. Couple guys on here already have 4.5 and it sticks out a good amount

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I wanted to go beadlocks like I have in the past on my JKs, but with the offsets available I'm concerned they will stick out too far. It will be even more exaggerated when I eventually go to narrow flares(when available)

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
IMO backspace isn’t as important as offset. BS is still important because you want to make sure the wheel doesn’t interfere with components but if you want to know how far the tire is sticking out more than another wheel, that is where offset comes in.

Two wheels of differing widths but the same offset will not move the tire out or in at all.
However two wheels of differing widths but the same BS will give different tire positions.

So when someone says, “how much BS do I need to clear 12.5 inch tires” well that really depends on the width of the wheel.

Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Can somebody who already owns a JL Rubi crawl in behind the wheel with a flashlight and read off the dimension code?

Or better yet, take a photo of the dimension code with their phone?

brantb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram 1500, charger daytona 392
Two wheels of differing widths but the same offset will not move the tire out or in at all.
I dont think that is entirely accurate. The width would impact where the wheel sits with differing offsets

And if I recall right, the offset was 44.45mm, or 1.75 inches on a 7.5 wheel, putting the BS at 5.5 inches

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Either the backspace and width or offset and width of two wheels will allow me to calculate how far they are going to stick out past the factory configuration.
http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#
I like this tool if I know offsets. There are others that will convert backspace to offset.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I dont think that is entirely accurate. The width would impact where the wheel sits with differing offsets
Not sure I follow you. This is what I said:
"Two wheels of differing widths but the same offset will not move the tire out or in at all."

It almost sounds like you are saying that two wheels with different widths can't have the same offset but they can and if they do then the tire won't move in or out at all(ignoring the small amount of bowing in the sidewalls caused by different widths)

Only the difference in offset between the two wheels will give you accurately how far out or in the tire moves regardless of of wheel width.
BS will give accurately how far the tire will move in or out only if the wheel width is the same.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'm looking at 35X12.5X20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and 20X10 Fuel Assault Rims with a -18MM offset.

Will I be ok on fit for my Rubicon?

What's the stock Rubicon wheel offset?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at 35X12.5X20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and 20X10 Fuel Assault Rims with a -18MM offset.

Will I be ok on fit for my Rubicon?

What's the stock Rubicon wheel offset?
We don't have a solid number on the offset yet(Not in this thread at least.) I was asking for the same reason. I would like to get a set of wheels ordered, I just want to get an idea of how much further out than stock they will sit.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We don't have a solid number on the offset yet(Not in this thread at least.) I was asking for the same reason. I would like to get a set of wheels ordered, I just want to get an idea of how much further out than stock they will sit.
Well, when I get my rubicon in a week I will be removing my spare to get an accurate offset and backspace measurement. I'm also going to do full flex measurements. I'm also going to be putting 317/70/17 duratracs on and measuring full flex again. One more time when I install the lift.

I have a laser measuring tool so I will be measuring ground clearance before and after my lift.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Well, when I get my rubicon in a week I will be removing my spare to get an accurate offset and backspace measurement. I'm also going to do full flex measurements. I'm also going to be putting 317/70/17 duratracs on and measuring full flex again. One more time when I install the lift.

I have a laser measuring tool so I will be measuring ground clearance before and after my lift.
I would really appreciate the wheel measurements! I'm going with 37's, and may end up with a cheepo budget boost to fit them until a suspension option I like becomes available(Not a fan of the Mopar kit for the price, and what it includes at that price)

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
It may not be soon enough, but I will measure mine soon after I get my JL(20-24th)
I already have wheels/tires en route, as soon as I get the stock wheels off if they don't have markings I will do my best to measure it.
Sponsored