First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door jl Rubicon
Hi,

I installed one of these on my 2 door Rubicon JL

https://www.extremeterrain.com/magnaflow-rock-crawler-catback-exhaust-2018-36l-jl.html

After 6 months, I've noticed a significant decrease in acceleration and roughly 2 MPG loss. I've reinstalled the pipes and checked to make sure there were no leaks.

Has anyone else had similar issues or know of how I can fix this? I love the look and would prefer to keep them.

Thanks
Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Probably just stepped on the skinny pedal more to hear the exhaust.

but a new muffler wont cause any noticeable mpg or power increase/decrease

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I see from your link that it has a resonator ; if this has baffles , fiberglass, anything that could come loose and interfere with exhaust flow, maybe . Did it change tone, rattle, anything like that ? Did your mpg , acceleration improve after you removed it ?

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

https://www.extremeterrain.com/magnaflow-rock-crawler-catback-exhaust-2018-36l-jl.html

After 6 months, I've noticed a significant decrease in acceleration and roughly 2 MPG loss. I've reinstalled the pipes and checked to make sure there were no leaks.

Has anyone else had similar issues or know of how I can fix this? I love the look and would prefer to keep them.

Thanks
Was that 6 months like, in winter (or colder months) it was going awesome and now suddenly when its summer time (really warm outside) and the weather is warmer it seems to have lost power...?

If its the case, welcome to the thermodynamic of fluids, warmer air has less oxygen content than colder air and colder air because of this will have a better burn power and in a good performing motor mechanically you can feel the difference in winter (more power) and summer's power (a little less)....;)

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Hi,

Thanks
Calm down. Exhaust leaks won't cause an issue like that. If you are worried about back pressure issues, take a laxative. You Jeep will be fine though.

Like someone said, a change of temperature or air density can show noticeable differences in performance but since yours is a turbo with hopefully a mass airflow sensor, it's unlikely that you'll notice such a difference.

So next in the line up of suspects is fuel... can you guarantee that your fuel quality hasn't changed?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I see from your link that it has a resonator ; if this has baffles , fiberglass, anything that could come loose and interfere with exhaust flow, maybe . Did it change tone, rattle, anything like that ? Did your mpg , acceleration improve after you removed it ?
You have mixed up resonators with mufflers but yes... an obstruction has the potential to cause a loss of power.
Sponsored