JL ENGINE ISSUES

Romato131

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
So I took my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL to the dealer today for continues engine knocking and metal clicking noise from Left wheel when turning. They had it for four hours and just how I expected the service tech could not duplicate the noise i guess he compaired lit with another jeep lol yeah ok. I went in furious 4 hours to tell me that , I asked to speak with the tech but of course not available show me the jeep that was compaired couldn't find it lol. At this point I'm loosing it I had the service manager , assistant manager a tech and the girl from the service counter all outside. They listened to my jeep and all were able to hear the continues knocking coming from the bottom of the jeep. The service manager stated that the noise is definitely not normal and brought another jeep to listen to it and WOW no noise. Again he agreed that it's not normal and wants my jeep on Monday to remove timing cover and so forth. I also have the metal clicking from front tire which again 4 hours later the tech couldn't duplicate. I in return duplicated the noise in less then 30 seconds. Should of seen there faces.
I guess the tech drove it with the windows up music turned on and ac going .. smh
Sponsored

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I feel you. They are stumped about my power mirrors. If I didn’t like Colorado trails as much as I do I would have another vehicle.

OP
OP

Romato131

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I feel you. They are stumped about my power mirrors. If I didn’t like Colorado trails as much as I do I would have another vehicle.
Well it's sad what they have created and that's not the end of my problems when I first turn on the jeep you hear rattling like if no oil , loud wind noise from hard top . Issues issues issues PLEASE CHRYSLER BUY MY JEEP BACK . If my financing was thru Chrysler I would walk in there hand them the keys ( voluntary repo ). for those looking to buy please wait till they take care of the issues dont make the same mistake I did.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Romato131

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
2500 miles when it started doing it
So I took my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL to the dealer today for continues engine knocking and metal clicking noise from Left wheel when turning. They had it for four hours and just how I expected the service tech could not duplicate the noise i guess he compaired lit with another jeep lol yeah ok. I went in furious 4 hours to tell me that , I asked to speak with the tech but of course not available show me the jeep that was compaired couldn't find it lol. At this point I'm loosing it I had the service manager , assistant manager a tech and the girl from the service counter all outside. They listened to my jeep and all were able to hear the continues knocking coming from the bottom of the jeep. The service manager stated that the noise is definitely not normal and brought another jeep to listen to it and WOW no noise. Again he agreed that it's not normal and wants my jeep on Monday to remove timing cover and so forth. I also have the metal clicking from front tire which again 4 hours later the tech couldn't duplicate. I in return duplicated the noise in less then 30 seconds. Should of seen there faces.
I guess the tech drove it with the windows up music turned on and ac going .. smh

OP
OP

Romato131

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Sorry no sound but see what I mean
So I pick up my jeep from the dealer manager and tech could hear the noise but cant locate it or know what the noise is. So I contacted FCA and opened a case. There was also some clicking noise when I turned left well they found CV shaft but was loose the upper and lower ball joints were loose and the drivers outer tie rode was also loose. All from factory and to think that they couldn't find anything on friday

OP
OP

Romato131

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Well after no help from Chrysler I have officially dumped my JL. Piece of s....
Traded it in and its the best thing I have ever done no more issues no more headaches.

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Traded it in and its the best thing I have ever done no more issues no more headaches.
I would have done the same. I’m one of the lucky ones with 12,000miles and 0 issues. But like I have stated before, a car will let me stranded on the side of road only once!!! I hope the Jeep keeps the good record.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Sorry to hear you did not get resolution from FCA. You did not try waiting it out for lemon law? Hopefully the financial hit was not too bad. What did you end up trading it for?

OP
OP

Romato131

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Sorry to hear you did not get resolution from FCA. You did not try waiting it out for lemon law? Hopefully the financial hit was not too bad. What did you end up trading it for?
I traded it for a 2017 ford f150 limited edition crew cab with moon roof/sun
And I love it no noise no rattling engine is smooth and strong

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
I hear you but you won't be popular around here for saying it like it is. FCA would get their act together if owners don't self ball gag themselves, tape their butts wide open and take it in deep.

IMO, after the 11 year wait, they didn't make the JL significantly better than the JK yet they managed to royally screw up any little reliability they managed to put in to the JK. Does that mean people will forever buy JKs? You can't buy what will eventually run out. It's just a sad turn of events for people who actually want the Wrangler to succeed.

OP
OP

Romato131

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I hear you but you won't be popular around here for saying it like it is. FCA would get their act together if owners don't self ball gag themselves, tape their butts wide open and take it in deep.

IMO, after the 11 year wait, they didn't make the JL significantly better than the JK yet they managed to royally screw up any little reliability they managed to put in to the JK. Does that mean people will forever buy JKs? You can't buy what will eventually run out. It's just a sad turn of events for people who actually want the Wrangler to succeed.
Dont get me wrong I've owned jeep.for many years from the strong 4.0 TJ to the JK that everyone loves and I too loved my jeep but I decided to go with a JL and even though I lived the jeep life and loved it this was a disappointment
Sponsored