Back up camera with aftermarket wheels?

Repsol69

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
Ok about to get new Rockstar wheels on my wifes 2019 JL...i'll be running a 33" spare also and i need to leave the stock back up camera on for her...do i have to modify anything to do so ?? Or is there a different mount i need to use for the camera?? Thx
Sponsored

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running a 37 on an aftermarket Fuel wheel and didn't have to mess with the stock backup camera at all.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Im running a 35 with stock camera. Picture is cut off a tad but nothing crazy. You can still see all the guide lines.

OP
OP
Repsol69

Repsol69

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
OK I see what he did with the center cap on spare....., But what happen to the Lock bezel thats around the camera?? Does it just come off??

Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
OK I see what he did with the center cap on spare....., But what happen to the Lock bezel thats around the camera?? Does it just come off??
Any after market wheel you won’t be able to use the lock bezel. It doesn’t really do anything anyways.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Any after market wheel you won’t be able to use the lock bezel. It doesn’t really do anything anyways.
the camera lock bezel fits with my Icons just fine.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ok about to get new Rockstar wheels on my wifes 2019 JL...i'll be running a 33" spare also and i need to leave the stock back up camera on for her...do i have to modify anything to do so ?? Or is there a different mount i need to use for the camera?? Thx
I highly suggest switching to an adjustable carrier. The new wheel offset is going to shift the spare further back from the tailgate and the rubber bumpers that help to minimize movement. The Teraflex Alpha HD carrier is a solid unit that fits the bill without breaking the bank.

I've got that carrier and a KMC XD wheel that is 17x9x4.53 backspace -12 offset.
Jeep Wrangler JL Back up camera with aftermarket wheels? 1600435050357
Sponsored