AZ Earnhardt Jeep Gilbert

Rubicollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Veterinarian
Do you remember who you dealt with at Earnhardt? I'm going to be going to them soon to place my order with CJ, and supposedly they do 5% under invoice. I'm hoping that's still the case. No one in the west valley will go under invoice at all.
I worked with Mike Riley for my factory order. Just arrived at the El Mirage train depot today! I was able to get 7% below invoice by sending them the lowest offer I had paperwork for (Criswell Jeep in MD gave me a ~6% offer, blacked out the dealer name and sent it back to Earnhardt for a counter-offer). Mike has been pleasant to work with so far though, and no complaints from Earnhardt yet. Was having issues with one of the sales guys from Airpark in Scottsdale though when we were trying to order. The guy was trying to tell us the wait on ordered Wranglers in December was 8 months...
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I worked with Mike Riley for my factory order. Just arrived at the El Mirage train depot today! I was able to get 7% below invoice by sending them the lowest offer I had paperwork for (Criswell Jeep in MD gave me a ~6% offer, blacked out the dealer name and sent it back to Earnhardt for a counter-offer). Mike has been pleasant to work with so far though, and no complaints from Earnhardt yet. Was having issues with one of the sales guys from Airpark in Scottsdale though when we were trying to order. The guy was trying to tell us the wait on ordered Wranglers in December was 8 months...
Airpark has turned into a complete ****pile. They had no interest in my business. Literally the least interested of any dealer I contacted. Big change from 18 months ago. Did not want to order anything from me, and stated they had 300 Jeeps on the lot. Asked what I was doing here then if I didn't want anything on the lot...

Went with Chapman, it was close to me with a similar discount level (I think a tad less than what you got). But the primary reason I went with them is they were just so easy to work with and have been GREAT through the entire process. Overall it's a difference of about $300 over the course of the lease. But when I got there, I approached the exact same way I approached Airpark, and had an entirely opposite, extremely enthusiastic friendly reaction, and was immediately told oh no deposit, you don't need to do that and asked if I wanted to test drive anything.

Clearly Airpark's directive is to not order vehicles for customers under any circumstance or, push the customer as hard as they can not to from best I can tell. I mean the one sales guy just flat out walked away from me. Outside of trying to buy a Porsche GT car, it was the worst car buying experience I ever had, and I was a repeat customer of theirs, having bought multiple cars from them in the past, and told them so right when I arrived.

It is unfortunate, I had many positive experiences at that dealership in the past, and made many friends in the process (shockingly, none of who work there anymore).

Last edited:

Rubicollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Veterinarian
Airpark has turned into a complete ****pile. They had no interest in my business. Literally the least interested of any dealer I contacted. Big change from 18 months ago. Did not want to order anything from me, and stated they had 300 Jeeps on the lot. Asked what I was doing here then if I didn't want anything on the lot...

Went with Chapman, it was close to me with a similar discount level (I think a tad less than what you got). But the primary reason I went with them is they were just so easy to work with and have been GREAT through the entire process. Overall it's a difference of about $300 over the course of the lease. But when I got there, I approached the exact same way I approached Airpark, and had an entirely opposite, extremely enthusiastic friendly reaction, and was immediately told oh no deposit, you don't need to do that and asked if I wanted to test drive anything.

Clearly Airpark's directive is to not order vehicles for customers under any circumstance or, push the customer as hard as they can not to from best I can tell. I mean the one sales guy just flat out walked away from me. Outside of trying to buy a Porsche GT car, it was the worst car buying experience I ever had, and I was a repeat customer of theirs, having bought multiple cars from them in the past, and told them so right when I arrived.

It is unfortunate, I had many positive experiences at that dealership in the past, and made many friends in the process (shockingly, none of who work there anymore).
It’s a shame you had the same problems I had with Airpark. It was a struggle to get someone to just TALK to us when we went. My only thought was “this is a car dealership, why haven’t we been accosted y 4 salespeople yet in the 15 minutes we’ve just been opening Jeep doors”. All-in-all, I’m happy I ended up not going with them. Earnhardt is 3 exits down the 202 from me, so as soon as they have me an offer that I knew problem wouldn’t go lower, I was happy to go with them. They’ve been great to work with, through the test drive, order, and updates along the order process. Hoping the paperwork process goes smoothly as well whenever my Rubi finally gets across from El Mirage to Chandler!

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Do you remember who you dealt with at Earnhardt? I'm going to be going to them soon to place my order with CJ, and supposedly they do 5% under invoice. I'm hoping that's still the case. No one in the west valley will go under invoice at all.
CJ will do 5% under

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It’s a shame you had the same problems I had with Airpark. It was a struggle to get someone to just TALK to us when we went. My only thought was “this is a car dealership, why haven’t we been accosted y 4 salespeople yet in the 15 minutes we’ve just been opening Jeep doors”. All-in-all, I’m happy I ended up not going with them. Earnhardt is 3 exits down the 202 from me, so as soon as they have me an offer that I knew problem wouldn’t go lower, I was happy to go with them. They’ve been great to work with, through the test drive, order, and updates along the order process. Hoping the paperwork process goes smoothly as well whenever my Rubi finally gets across from El Mirage to Chandler!
Glad to hear you had a good experience with a dealership that wanted your business and was close by!

Still shocked at Airpark.

Sponsored

shannond12

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab

Also went with Chapman. They beat a Earnhardt advertised deal. No problem in doing so. I had a reached out and almost worked out deal with MIke Riley back in October, but for this rig he never responded to my email.

Only guys lower than Airpark are those clowns at Luke. Had deal for wife's GC all set and ready to go and salesperson wasted 3 hours of my time and told a couple of lies to appease me along the way and I ended up walking out.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Earnhardt experience yesterday:

- Took my Jeep in for an oil change. When the Jeep was done, and I got my paperwork sure enough it said 6 quarts. I talked to the rep, the rep called the service manager and he said: "We always put 6 on the system, but we only pour 5 quarts on the JLs" - I said ok, can we please check the oil dipstick just to make sure it's not overfilled?

- We pulled the dipstick and it seems like he was right. The oil was just a tad below the middle line, so to me seems right...

I would expect if it was overfilled, the dipstick would be above the mid, or even higher than that... AM I RITE?

Replies are appreciated - He might have just lip serviced me

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

- Took my Jeep in for an oil change. When the Jeep was done, and I got my paperwork sure enough it said 6 quarts. I talked to the rep, the rep called the service manager and he said: "We always put 6 on the system, but we only pour 5 quarts on the JLs" - I said ok, can we please check the oil dipstick just to make sure it's not overfilled?

- We pulled the dipstick and it seems like he was right. The oil was just a tad below the middle line, so to me seems right...

I would expect if it was overfilled, the dipstick would be above the mid, or even higher than that... AM I RITE?

I hate to say anything negative about a dealership who is unable to defend themselves, but after taking mine there 3 times, giving them pictures and written details on what was wrong and them not even looking at some of the stuff and saying it was fixed more than once I would not go with an advisor saying they wrote 6 but put 5. They have a lot of tech that seem less than stellar, and my guess is some just go off the paperwork and do nothing more.

I went to their other location (Rodeo in queen creek) and it was night and day. I got to speak with the service manager and my actual mechanic. They are much more willing to listen, and all the texts did not look to be 20 yrs old and new. Now it is not all good there, as they have had it since last month and as of now they are saying I won't get it back until the week of the 22nd at the earliest (over a month for one visit) but that is actually because they are doing everything they can to fix the steering issues. Part of that is putting on a new revised stabilizer that is about to be released. (Some 4th version that is completely redesigned.)

It was quite a bit further for me, the Gilbert location is less than 4 miles away and the queen creek store is closer to 15, but I much prefer them. Someone else on here recommended Rodeo and had the same experience with getting to talk to the actual managers and techs and I wish I had taken it there form day one.

malogus

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

My paperwork said 6, and I took it in last week to just have it checked, because it seemed high based on my reading. They took me back in the shop with the tech, and he tested himself and it was indeed right at the top of the stick fill area, but not overfilled. Other than them having my jeep for over a week to fix some minor things (oil change/rotation, rattling speaker-which was not fixed, trim piece not staying put, steering ECU flash, and discolored grill) I don't have any complaints. Being they are close, I will probably use them again. They just need to document their service correctly.
Sponsored