Montana Mountain Loop (AZ)

StephanieW

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
We are planning on a taking Montana Mountain Loop soon and heard that some of the access to the trail may be closed but there is a work around? Closed around Queen Valley Rd & Hewitt Station? Has anyone taking the trail recently?
Sponsored

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We are planning on a taking Montana Mountain Loop soon and heard that some of the access to the trail may be closed but there is a work around? Closed around Queen Valley Rd & Hewitt Station? Has anyone taking the trail recently?
I haven't heard of any closures. There was a review on AllTrails about a week ago and nothing was mentioned. If you don't mind the company and if my work schedule permits it, I'd be interested in joining ya.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
We did the trail again yesterday. There is one permanent road closure due to complaints from the residents of speeding and dust. Here is the trail sign that explains the reasoning:

Road Closed Instructions.jpg

And, the posted map showing the closure ... note that they have chopped off the 172-to-650 part of the loop on this picture:

Map.jpg

If you have the ability to upload a .gpx file, grab Steve's route off "JeeptheUSA" ... https://www.jeeptheusa.com/montana-mountain-25.html. That is the route that we normally follow. We've also cut across the lower routes (the eastern part of 357, 252, and 1904) for the sandy washes and some light technical stuff. I've still got the .gpx trail saved, if you're interested PM me.
Sponsored