First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MB SLK280; 2015 Acura MDX; 2006 Nissan Armada
Occupation
Pharmacist
Purchased via Live Chat Ace Engineering Rock Sliders for my JLUR. The gentleman was nice, checked the specs on the sliders and assured me that they would fit the new JL Rubicon. Fast forward 5 weeks...Jeep dealership had to have a body shop fix my rear bolt as it was stripped at the factory so I finally get to install my sliders. NOPE! They don’t fit. And, I am outside the return window. While the delay due to the bolt is not CariD’s fault, the incorrect assurance that these were the correct sliders and they would fit the new JL is their responsibility. I suppose these are growing pains for this Jeep newbie, but hopefully, I can keep someone else from going down this path.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Purchased via Live Chat Ace Engineering Rock Sliders for my JLUR. The gentleman was nice, checked the specs on the sliders and assured me that they would fit the new JL Rubicon. Fast forward 5 weeks...Jeep dealership had to have a body shop fix my rear bolt as it was stripped at the factory so I finally get to install my sliders. NOPE! They don’t fit. And, I am outside the return window. While the delay due to the bolt is not CariD’s fault, the incorrect assurance that these were the correct sliders and they would fit the new JL is their responsibility. I suppose these are growing pains for this Jeep newbie, but hopefully, I can keep someone else from going down this path.
Did you contact CariD's customer service department, explain you ordered in good faith and that you were given the wrong information? Ask to talk to a Supervisor, explain your situation calmly/politely and they might let you return them even though you are past the return window time.

If a no go on this, you'll have to dump the price a bit, but you will be able to sell them pretty easily, locally, on Craigslist if you try..

Do realize you are partially at fault for the wrong side steps being ordered. Never take it for granted that the smuck you are ordering from knows what he/she is doing.

Always research, know the right part number for the application, and then call and order the part. Do not rely on some smuck to tell you the correct info.

AND........... your Mama told you never to trust men..... when it comes to .......... ah, even ordering Jeep parts.

Also, remember you can always come here and ask for part numbers, suggestions of where to buy, etc..

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I would think a “window” to return something applies only when you are returning something with no fault to the seller. In your case, there should be a much bigger window.

OP
OP
Lindag8r

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist
Did you contact CariD's customer service department, explain you ordered in good faith and that you were given the wrong information? Ask to talk to a Supervisor, explain your situation calmly/politely and they might let you return them even though you are past the return window time.

If a no go on this, you'll have to dump the price a bit, but you will be able to sell them pretty easily, locally, on Craigslist if you try..

Do realize you are partially at fault for the wrong side steps being ordered. Never take it for granted that the smuck you are ordering from knows what he/she is doing.

Always research, know the right part number for the application, and then call and order the part. Do not rely on some smuck to tell you the correct info.

AND........... your Mama told you never to trust men..... when it comes to .......... ah, even ordering Jeep parts.

Also, remember you can always come here and ask for part numbers, suggestions of where to buy, etc..

I did live chat with them and was quite polite. I explained to them the delay in installing. I ordered them in May and waited patiently for over a month as they were on backorder. That really didn’t shock me as the demand for the new JL would translate to a higher demand for the accessories. And, yes, I trusted the dude on the other end of my live chat knew his stuff. So, newbie lesson #212.17 learned. I will try to sell them locally, and hopefully, will be able to capture some of my initial cost.

In the spirit of your post, I would love SUGGESTIONS where to buy with PART NUMBERS for side steps/sliders (preferably that allow the factory rock rails to remain) for a 4 door JL 2018 RUBICON....please!

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
In the spirit of your post, I would love SUGGESTIONS where to buy with PART NUMBERS for side steps/sliders (preferably that allow the factory rock rails to remain) for a 4 door JL 2018 RUBICON....please!
You can only buy the JL ACE sliders directly from ACE now. I had actually originally ordered the JL ones from CARID, and they cancelled my order for that reason. I *think* there is a forum discount code, but I don't have it written down, unfortunately.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Yeah, Ace no longer supplies inventory for big online dealers. I talked to them directly because I had my order cancelled for the exact same reason. Probably also the reason CARiD doesn't want to take them back.

I'm curious why they don't fit though. Did they send you the JKU version?

OP
OP
Lindag8r

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist
Yeah, Ace no longer supplies inventory for big online dealers. I talked to them directly because I had my order cancelled for the exact same reason. Probably also the reason CARiD doesn't want to take them back.

I'm curious why they don't fit though. Did they send you the JKU version?
Yes, it appears they did send me the JKU version. They are about 1 inch off in the back. I appreciate you letting me know that I would have to get them directly from ACE. In the meantime, I have a beautiful, NEW set of rock sliders for a JK....

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Yes, it appears they did send me the JKU version. They are about 1 inch off in the back. I appreciate you letting me know that I would have to get them directly from ACE. In the meantime, I have a beautiful, NEW set of rock sliders for a JK....
The guys at Ace are super cool, maybe they will help you out if you tell them what happened.

Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392, 2024 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar issue with CarID recently and will never deal with these people again. I ordered a set ACE rock sliders in May and about 4 weeks later I went to check my order status based on the expected ship date. While checking my order status I noticed the description now said the sliders were for the JK. I went back to my order confirmation email and it clearly stated I ordered sliders for the JL. It was then that I noticed the part number had JK in the description and on a hunch decided to go to the ACE website to check part numbers. It was at that point I determined the part number was for the JK and not the JL so clearly the CarID website had the wrong information when I ordered and had been updated some time after my order was placed in May. I reached out to a CARID live chat person and had a horrible experience with the agent as she blamed me because the part number I ordered was for the JK despite their site and my order confirmation indicating this sku was for the JL and that I couldn't cancel/update my order and would have to pay for return shipping once they arrived. I called into CarID and spoke to several people and after talking to several different agents convinced someone this was their issue and managed to have them cover return shipping and refund my money weeks later. I ended up ordering from ACE mid June and just finally got my Rock sliders delivered this week after starting this process back in May.

This is from the email confirmation CarID sent me when I ordered
Drawing1.jpg

Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392, 2024 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The guys at Ace are super cool, maybe they will help you out if you tell them what happened.
Totally agree! My order from June was still pending shipment and I reached out to Ace via email when they had their 4th of July sale and they refunded me the $130 difference no questions asked.

Sponsored

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I had a pretty good experience buying my Rock Hard sliders through CARiD (my first transaction with both companies). I was a bit skeptical because I'd only heard bad things about CARiD, but their price was the best at the time and other sites weren't showing the sliders in stock yet. Further, the images on the CARiD site showed a JK, even though the listed manufacturer part numbers were for the JL.

The order ended up being fulfilled directly by Rock Hard, and because of major unexpected shipping delays, I ended up contacting CARiD several times for the three weeks that there was no progress (RH's fault, not CARiD's). CARiD reached out to RH on my behalf three times before my order was shipped, pushing the latter to get moving on them (and forwarding me the responses). When my sliders arrived without the full set of mounting hardware, CARiD reached out again. They forwarded RH's disappointing reply, which was more or less "piss off, use the bolts that came with your Jeep"; I had already done exactly that, but I complained again that such a response makes the incorrect assumption that all JLs come with factory rails or steps that have those bolts. Nobody replied, but I guess they did push RH again one last time, as I unexpectedly received a fresh set of mounting bolts a week later (making the sale of my factory Rubicon rails a bit easier).

Long story short, while I was quite disappointed with Rock Hard's customer service, I'm rather pleased with my experience with CARiD and how they managed the transaction.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You should try one more time with CariD and send them a link to this forum. The cost of not taking back your specific order is going to cost them a lot higher as people read how they treated you and as a result, they don't do business with CariD. Tell them you will make an update to this thread if they take back the order and do a refund, or at least, a store credit.

OP
OP
Lindag8r

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist
I had a similar issue with CarID recently and will never deal with these people again. I ordered a set ACE rock sliders in May and about 4 weeks later I went to check my order status based on the expected ship date. While checking my order status I noticed the description now said the sliders were for the JK. I went back to my order confirmation email and it clearly stated I ordered sliders for the JL. It was then that I noticed the part number had JK in the description and on a hunch decided to go to the ACE website to check part numbers. It was at that point I determined the part number was for the JK and not the JL so clearly the CarID website had the wrong information when I ordered and had been updated some time after my order was placed in May. I reached out to a CARID live chat person and had a horrible experience with the agent as she blamed me because the part number I ordered was for the JK despite their site and my order confirmation indicating this sku was for the JL and that I couldn't cancel/update my order and would have to pay for return shipping once they arrived. I called into CarID and spoke to several people and after talking to several different agents convinced someone this was their issue and managed to have them cover return shipping and refund my money weeks later. I ended up ordering from ACE mid June and just finally got my Rock sliders delivered this week after starting this process back in May.

This is from the email confirmation CarID sent me when I ordered
Drawing1.jpg
Bril, this is what happened to me. I kept my confirmation emails an this is exactly what my confirmation email said! I am going to reach out to CariD again and see if they will assist with a refund and return shipment. Thank you for taking the time to post your confirmation to this thread!

96052D02-834F-423A-AEAA-2ED5CB9E1051.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Lindag8r

Like I tell my 40+ year old daughter... grow a set .............and get on the phone and politely, with some pressure pursue the issue. Do NOT do this via online chat or email. Pick up the phone and call them! Work up the food chain at Carid.

If your phone talk is to no avail, do post on their Facebook page what happened and how they dealt with it. Do that and they will reach out to you undoubtedly.

OP
OP
Lindag8r

Lindag8r

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacist
@Lindag8r

Like I tell my 40+ year old daughter... grow a set .............and get on the phone and politely, with some pressure pursue the issue. Do NOT do this via online chat or email. Pick up the phone and call them! Work up the food chain at Carid.

If your phone talk is to no avail, do post on their Facebook page what happened and how they dealt with it. Do that and they will reach out to you undoubtedly.
LOL! Trust me...I have the boobs and the huevos to rip them a new one...and I will! But first, I will go through their established chain of command and give them the opportunity to make it right. Once that fails....look out! I also purchased these through PayPal, so I will bring them into the situation if need be. Here’s hoping some old fashioned, southern diplomacy with the correct phrasing (good faith, through your agent, order coding error in-house, etc.) thrown in will have the desired result. Fingers crossed...have a good one, Rhinebeck! (I like your style!) Thank you for the encouragement...I will keep y’all posted.
Sponsored