David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Who makes this version? Do you like it? Looks like you needed to fabricate your own bracket.
Bits and pieces from Amazon, Lowe's, and the scrap bin

20200628_130503.jpg

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander, 2014 HD Road King
"Helmet Air"?
I've seen some ambitious JLU builds, but nothing that provides deep water diving support. ;)

I installed this fabric key fob under the Ural's sidecar seat. It actually serves a legitimate purpose; pull it and the seat cushion detaches to provide access to the storage tray (as pictured).

At least a couple of people have honestly asked me if there was an actual ejection feature. I don't know whether to smile or frown at that one... 😑

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux Switches: cool things beyond light bars 20200628_130503
If they ask, give them a stone-cold stare, and say, "Try it."

au176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Islander, 2014 HD Road King
I have the heating elements on the heated lens version of the Oracle Oculus LED headlights on AUX 3.

The way the lights are designed, a thermostat turns the heat on when the temp is below ~35F. As you probably know, it's not always snowing when it's cold, so instead of running the power wire for the heat to a fuse, I ran it to the AUX 3 wire under the hood. That way, I can turn the heaters on only when it's snowing, and the thermostat will still automatically turn them on and off as necessary.

The idea is to prolong the life of the heating elements by only using them when I actually need them.

(The only "downside" is that this wire also powers the Halo rings, so when the switch is off, the halos don't work. Personally, I don't care either way about Halos, so it's not a problem for me.)
Sponsored