First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
LOL. I'm 53 years old....I'm perfectly capable of making sound and safe decisions for myself and my family. But thanks anyways. ;)
Not sure if this helps anyone, but last weekend, I tested it. It does stop upon resistance/force. It doesn't reverse. I don't have another stock Jeep laying around to test window stop/reverse with an obstruction. What do stock Jeeps do?

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Not sure if this helps anyone, but last weekend, I tested it. It does stop upon resistance/force. It doesn't reverse. I don't have another stock Jeep laying around to test window stop/reverse with an obstruction. What do stock Jeeps do?
I haven't tested it yet, but I will. Not that it matters...no kids and no dogs big enough to reach the window. LOL

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I haven't tested it yet, but I will. Not that it matters...no kids and no dogs big enough to reach the window. LOL
And unlike a car, not sure how it can be accidentally triggered... switches are far from the windows. :) Even cars have switched to pull up to raise windows many years ago.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Sorry you missed the sarcasm.
Seems irony zoomed above your head if you think my response indicates that I missed the sarcasm.

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
Pretty much!
I installed this module as you had shown when I got my '20 back in July. I noticed then that if I key off with the windows down, next key on they fully close. Is there a fix for that? Thanks!

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
And unlike a car, not sure how it can be accidentally triggered... switches are far from the windows. :) Even cars have switched to pull up to raise windows many years ago.
Hmm...I don't know about that. My 2018 Grand Cherokee High Altitude came from the factory with auto up/dn windows on the driver door and front passenger. I just went out to the garage and tested the auto up function before replying to this.

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Hmm...I don't know about that. My 2018 Grand Cherokee High Altitude came from the factory with auto up/dn windows on the driver door and front passenger. I just went out to the garage and tested the auto up function before replying to this.
Confused, don't know about what?
Yes most cars have auto up/down, especially in Front. Wranglers do not. (just down)

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Confused, don't know about what?
Yes most cars have auto up/down, especially in Front. Wranglers do not. (just down)
You initial message could be interpreted that you have to continually press the switch to raise the window all the way up. I will hang around for a bit longer for a reply.

" Even cars have switched to pull up to raise windows many years ago. "

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
You initial message could be interpreted that you have to continually press the switch to raise the window all the way up. I will hang around for a bit longer for a reply.

" Even cars have switched to pull up to raise windows many years ago. "
Oh yeah. "pull up the switch vs a front to back toggle or a button"... the pull up switch meant a dog couldn't stand on switch and close the window on itself.

But yes momentary click of button and auto up is common on 90% of the cars in the world, just Wrangler saving 30 cents a Jeep I guess.

And yes you are right I combined too many thoughts in one sentence. :)