Auto start/stop issue after jump start

drkrjones

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I am sure that this issue has arisen before, but I can't see to find it here on the forums.

I parked my Jeep at the airport and inadvertently flipped the switch to turn on the light bar - it was a 6 am flight and I was out of it. I returned three days later and the jeep was dead. After trying my portable starter (note to all: the charge on them should checked every three months NOT every twelve), AAA was able to give it a jump and get it started. From that moment, I have seen this icon every time I start the vehicle:
Jeep Wrangler JL Auto start/stop issue after jump start 1628625767805

I have tried to clear it: turn it off and turn it on again, reseat the fuses, etc. Any thoughts or ideas on how I can clear the alert? There has not been any issues driving the Jeep, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Could the auxiliary battery be dead too and causing this?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I have tried to clear it: turn it off and turn it on again, reseat the fuses, etc. Any thoughts or ideas on how I can clear the alert? There has not been any issues driving the Jeep, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks
I use a code scanner to clear mine and I think disconnecting both batteries (both cables at the main battery negative cable) works too.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the batteries are shot, from being so deeply discharged and left like that until your return. A strong battery will also be weakened when being used as a crutch for a weak battery. If it were me, I'd replace both batteries.

For a confirmation, both batteries should be electrically disconnected from the jeep and each other. A load test will show that one or both of them are not up to snuff.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds to me like a dead Aux battery - was ultimately killed after main battery dragged it down. Same light you get when you disconnect the Aux.
Sponsored