Sponsored

Auto Lock on Exit

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Can you elaborate? Meaning, it automatically locks when you close the door or is there a delay? And can you check your uConnect settings? It is under Settings, Doors and Locks. Which items are checked and unchecked?

doorsandlocks.jpg
Key word there is "UNLOCK"...not "LOCK". In that setting, the doors will be UNLOCKED with just one press of the key fob.
Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I prefer to have it auto lock as I walk away. That’s what I’m used to. I wonder if an aftermarket alarm will do it?

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Key word there is "UNLOCK"...not "LOCK". In that setting, the doors will be UNLOCKED with just one press of the key fob.
For clarification, I'm looking for the feature that will automatically lock all doors when you exit the vehicle without touching anything. That isn't my screen in the picture. I grabbed that off of the internet. I tried it with and without that box checked. Still didn't lock automatically. I have a feeling it doesn't have that automatic lock feature, which is fine, just making sure it wasn't a settings problem. There are 3 check boxes that could affect it, I tried combinations of all 3, no luck. But Jeffreyhack said his does automatically lock, so there's hope. lol Hopefully he will reply with his settings configuration.

VanSchmittenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Grand Cherokee Laredo
I like the idea of that but with my luck, I'd accidently leave the key fob in there and lock myself out...but, oh, wait a minute...:idea:...I have the UConnect app on my phone and I paid for Remote Entry/Start so I would be able to unlock the Jeep remotely...ohhh...crap...:asshat:...but then I'd prob leave both the key fob AND my phone in there and really be pooched. :headbang: :surprised: :cwl: :giggle:
How would your car know to lock if you left the keys inside? As far as I know, it won’t let you lock your keys inside even if you tried.

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
Can you elaborate? Meaning, it automatically locks when you close the door or is there a delay? And can you check your uConnect settings? It is under Settings, Doors and Locks. Which items are checked and unchecked?

doorsandlocks.jpg
That is a very good picture. Actually what about that first option of the Auto Unlock on exit?

Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
That is a very good picture. Actually what about that first option of the Auto Unlock on exit?
Hmmm...that could be what he's looking for.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
For clarification, I'm looking for the feature that will automatically lock all doors when you exit the vehicle without touching anything. That isn't my screen in the picture. I grabbed that off of the internet. I tried it with and without that box checked. Still didn't lock automatically. I have a feeling it doesn't have that automatic lock feature, which is fine, just making sure it wasn't a settings problem. There are 3 check boxes that could affect it, I tried combinations of all 3, no luck. But Jeffreyhack said his does automatically lock, so there's hope. lol Hopefully he will reply with his settings configuration.
Pretty certain the Wrangler does not offer what you are looking for. There is another thread about this subject. You want a walk away auto lock. When you leave the vehicle with your fob, the doors automatically lock without you having to push a button. This might be available on other FCA vehicles.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Pretty certain the Wrangler does not offer what you are looking for. There is another thread about this subject. You want a walk away auto lock. When you leave the vehicle with your fob, the doors automatically lock without you having to push a button. This might be available on other FCA vehicles.
Earlier in this thread, Jeffreyhack said his does automatically lock when he walks away. I'm hoping to get a response from him for clarification.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
my other vehicle has a feature that if you press the fob to unlock the car, but do not open the car within 30 seconds or so, it will re-lock the car, can that be set on the JL??

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Even easier to just push the button on the exterior door handle. The fob could be buried in a purse.
Wifey is consistently on my case for not pushing that door handle button on her CRV. I’m like, the fob is right here in my pocket and I can push it while walking away.

Sponsored

Jeffreyhack

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Earlier in this thread, Jeffreyhack said his does automatically lock when he walks away. I'm hoping to get a response from him for clarification.
Here are the pics you asked for. Point of clarity....my jeep locks only after a certain distance. I've noticed if I've parked in front of a starbucks and run it it does not lock. In my driveway and leave my key in my kitchen it does not lock. But if I'm in a big lot and have to walk a bit it is locked when I return.

Hope this helps.

20180509_065147.jpg

20180509_065143.jpg

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Here are the pics you asked for. Point of clarity....my jeep locks only after a certain distance. I've noticed if I've parked in front of a starbucks and run it it does not lock. In my driveway and leave my key in my kitchen it does not lock. But if I'm in a big lot and have to walk a bit it is locked when I return.

Hope this helps.

20180509_065147.jpg

20180509_065143.jpg
Thank you! I knew it should have this auto lock feature. I've verified my settings. I guess I hadn't walked far enough away from it. I'll try it later today. Were you close enough to hear the horn beep when it auto-locked or do you have be farther away than that? And I wonder how long the time delay is for or if it is calculated purely on being far enough away. I guess I could exit, close the door and run down the street to see. lol

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Is it possible that the auto-lock is based on time rather than proximity?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Thank you! I knew it should have this auto lock feature. I've verified my settings. I guess I hadn't walked far enough away from it. I'll try it later today. Were you close enough to hear the horn beep when it auto-locked or do you have be farther away than that? And I wonder how long the time delay is for or if it is calculated purely on being far enough away. I guess I could exit, close the door and run down the street to see. lol
I am very skeptical this works. There is nothing in the owner’s manual describing an automatic walk away door lock. Please thoroughly test. That Auto Door Locks setting is most likely when you put the jeep in gear or start moving it automatically locks the doors. A passive entry walk away lock feature would be based on fob distance from vehicle. If it does not detect the fob within 5 feet it locks the doors. Same 5 feet to unlock the doors.

Please let us know your results. If it’s working the way jeffreyhack describes what good is it anyway? You’ll never know whether your Jeep is actually locked. How far would you have to walk away? 50 yards? 100 yards? Walk back and check to see if it’s locked? Just push the button to be sure.

Maybe something is available if you have wifi enabled on your UConnect.

Last edited:

Jeffreyhack

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
@jeremyjeep, I do not have my horn blast when it auto locks. I turned that feature off on my last vehicle and have gotten use to it. I get it that some people need to hear it for reassurance. Let me know if you need anything else.

@Jeepsterfreak dont know what to tell you. I like the feature and feel comfortable that my jeep is secure when I walk away. If it makes any difference either way, I don't even have my top on. I took it off a month ago and don't foresee putting it back on until winter.
Sponsored