Auto Lock on Exit

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
On a JL with proximity entry, is there a way to set it to auto lock when you exit the vehicle? I tried several combinations under settings, but can't seem to get it to work. I tried calling the Uconnect folks, but we couldn't figure it out together either. Or is this just not possible?
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I was told no.... would be a great option tho! If you figure out a way to make it happen lemme know!

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I was told no.... would be a great option tho! If you figure out a way to make it happen lemme know!
Who told you no?

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I have this feature on my Honda Pilot and at first we liked it. When parking at the mall or store or work I could just walk away and the car would lock. But after a while it became a nuisance. The example is at home. When I park in the garage and go in the door locks of course. But then if I need to get in the car or I forgot something I need to always remember to bring my keys with me to open the car. Always having to find my keys just to grab something out of the car in the garage was tiresome.

However if you don’t park in a garage then this would be a good option to have, but I don’t think the Jeep has it.

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I loved my auto lock on my Cadillac years ago, but unfortunately FCA doesn't use this option in their Jeeps.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I never realized it was such a burden to push a button on the fob.
Yes, one can push the button. But my other vehicle has the option to auto lock when you close the door, which I'm used to. Now it will need to consciously remind myself which vehicle I'm in and which one auto locks. It would be simpler if both auto locked. One would think, a 2018 vehicle would have the auto-lock option when a 2015 vehicle had it, thus my question to verify if it was possible on a 2018 Jeep Wrangler that cost almost double from the vehicle that did have this auto door lock option. So, back to the main topic, if anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this old feature to be on a new vehicle.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Push the button on the outside handle upon closing the doors.

Sponsored

Jeffreyhack

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Mine does. I didn't have to do anything.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, one can push the button. But my other vehicle has the option to auto lock when you close the door, which I'm used to. Now it will need to consciously remind myself which vehicle I'm in and which one auto locks. It would be simpler if both auto locked. One would think, a 2018 vehicle would have the auto-lock option when a 2015 vehicle had it, thus my question to verify if it was possible on a 2018 Jeep Wrangler that cost almost double from the vehicle that did have this auto door lock option. So, back to the main topic, if anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this old feature to be on a new vehicle.
Now it will need to consciously remind myself which vehicle I'm in and which one auto locks.

Seriously?

"Alec, I'll take '1st World Problems' for $46,000" please.

Meanwhile a single mother in the Mubati Village in Tanzania is trying to figure out how to autolock her front door at night so raiding Guerilla Rebels don't break in, rape her and take her kids into slavery.

I can't believe people are whining about having to push a button on a door handle or key fob.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
On a JL with proximity entry, is there a way to set it to auto lock when you exit the vehicle? I tried several combinations under settings, but can't seem to get it to work. I tried calling the Uconnect folks, but we couldn't figure it out together either. Or is this just not possible?
I like the idea of that but with my luck, I'd accidently leave the key fob in there and lock myself out...but, oh, wait a minute...:idea:...I have the UConnect app on my phone and I paid for Remote Entry/Start so I would be able to unlock the Jeep remotely...ohhh...crap...:asshat:...but then I'd prob leave both the key fob AND my phone in there and really be pooched. :headbang: :surprised: :cwl: :giggle:

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Now it will need to consciously remind myself which vehicle I'm in and which one auto locks.

Seriously?

"Alec, I'll take '1st World Problems' for $46,000" please.

Meanwhile a single mother in the Mubati Village in Tanzania is trying to figure out how to autolock her front door at night so raiding Guerilla Rebels don't break in, rape her and take her kids into slavery.

I can't believe people are whining about having to push a button on a door handle or key fob.
Not whining. This forum is for questions, answers, and dialog. Sorry you were offended. It is a simple question, if a car from 2015 has it, just wondering if a vehicle from 2018 has it or not.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Mine does. I didn't have to do anything.
Can you elaborate? Meaning, it automatically locks when you close the door or is there a delay? And can you check your uConnect settings? It is under Settings, Doors and Locks. Which items are checked and unchecked?

doorsandlocks.jpg
Sponsored