JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Hey Dealer Guy,
Quick question here on a Sahara order. I am trying to use the configuration link that is here on the forum and every time I try to get the limited slip axle it makes me choose the $895 optional wheels. Trouble is I don't like the optional wheels for the Sahara. Can you please confirm this, doesn't make sense to me as the wheels are the same size and composition, just cosmetically different.
Thanks,
Bill
Yea, the Jeep configurator has never been real good. Currently, you wont have to have those other wheels. I can build it without when selecting the anti-spin. just basically, keep going and know that it will be less the $895.

cctvtec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Sahara, Incoming '18 JLU Rubicon
It looks like all the orders moving along only have hard tops, is this correct?

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
@JLWF Dealer Guy is it possible to order a JLU Rubicon with the tan cloth interior? So far I have only seen it offered in the Sahara and as leather in the Rubicon. Also, Any idea (or guess) as to what the 2.0L cost upgrade will be? Previously, I believe you said that you expected it to be in between the base MSRP of the 3.6L and the upgraded price with the Auto trans ($2,000).

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
@JLWF Dealer Guy is it possible to order a JLU Rubicon with the tan cloth interior? So far I have only seen it offered in the Sahara and as leather in the Rubicon. Also, Any idea (or guess) as to what the 2.0L cost upgrade will be? Previously, I believe you said that you expected it to be in between the base MSRP of the 3.6L and the upgraded price with the Auto trans ($2,000).
Tan cloth is not currently an available option in a Rubicon.

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
My order entered D status and was assigned a VIN. I wanted to add the Cold Weather Package. My dealer said he had to put in a request to the Factory and couldn't guarantee it would work. Is this likely to go thru?

Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
My order entered D status and was assigned a VIN. I wanted to add the Cold Weather Package. My dealer said he had to put in a request to the Factory and couldn't guarantee it would work. Is this likely to go thru?
50/50 on that one. Some here have had success doing that.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
My apologies if this has been asked/answered already...

Several assumptions follow, but they seem logical (if a bit misguided) to me.

It appears that the dash color on the Rubicon is really messing with the overall selection process. Since black interior goes with red dash, and since (I'm assuming) Punk'n and Mojito don't go well with the red dash, the selector forces a Rubicon in those colors to go with a tan interior, thus avoiding the red dash.

Because, as you've noted, the tan cloth seats are not available for the Rubicon, this means a tan leather seat is mandatory for Punk'n and Mojito.

So, in order to get the color I want (well, I really want Hella but I could see myself in Mojito) I have pay extra for leather seats I don't want in a color scheme I'm only moderately cool with. (I don't think Mojito + tan looks bad, and the presence of a premium tan soft top helps, although that's more expensive than premium black.)

Is it possible to custom order a Mojito Rubicon with black interior, putting up with the red/green clash and thus getting the cloth seats I want?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
So here is my thoughts on this. Since the late availability colors arenā€™t available yet, I wouldnā€™t worry too much. Iā€™ve mentioned the configurators have always been a bit off. When those colors are released to order, I have no doubt that you will be able to get whatever interior you want.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
So here is my thoughts on this. Since the late availability colors arenā€™t available yet, I wouldnā€™t worry too much. Iā€™ve mentioned the configurators have always been a bit off. When those colors are released to order, I have no doubt that you will be able to get whatever interior you want.
Does that mean that you think the Rubicon launch colors will eventually be offered with the tan cloth interior as well?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.