Not open for further replies.

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
Any idea what the S Package will contain? Ie: will it be like the JK’s?
Sponsored

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
Depends what you order. I ordered soft top only so expect to wait as not in production until 12/11. Rubicon hardtop automatic will be right away to Vin and D status
I ordered an automatic, hard top Sahara, so figured it would be one that might move through production earlier than others but now not sure.[/QUOTE]

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi Dealer Guy!

Should I mention my tread lightly discount after I negotiate the trade on my current Wrangler? I feel if they know upfront about the discount, they’ll want to offer less on my trade in to keep their margins.

KittyWhip

First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Hi Dealer Guy!

Should I mention my tread lightly discount after I negotiate the trade on my current Wrangler? I feel if they know upfront about the discount, they’ll want to offer less on my trade in to keep their margins.
Oh my gosh... awesome question! I am interested in the same thing... I am considering exactly when to bring up the tread lightly to my dealer. I have some fears that they'll make up some reason not to honor it. Like saying they won't do it because it's an 'order item' or something like that. #kittywhip

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It's funny. People seem to think the dealers hate programs like Tread Lightly or affiliates and will try and get out of them. My experience has been the opposite. They want to add in all the factory incentives they can to get the price down and make a sale because they are reimbursed from the factory for these kinds of deals.

Am I wrong?

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
OK, I have been reading, and reading, and am getting a bit confused. It seems that much of the info out there is very fluid and changing, so I am not sure what is current and accurate. I am looking to order a fully loaded 2 door Rubicon. I'd prefer the 2.0L turbo if possible, but would order the 3.6 if the Turbo is going to be delayed significantly.

Can someone please tell me if I am able to order this vehicle yet?

I understand that the actual production of it may be delayed, but I want to know if my dealer can place the order for me. Again, 2 door and Rubicon are musts and Turbo is preferable, but not required.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
OK, I have been reading, and reading, and am getting a bit confused. It seems that much of the info out there is very fluid and changing, so I am not sure what is current and accurate. I am looking to order a fully loaded 2 door Rubicon. I'd prefer the 2.0L turbo if possible, but would order the 3.6 if the Turbo is going to be delayed significantly.

Can someone please tell me if I am able to order this vehicle yet?

I understand that the actual production of it may be delayed, but I want to know if my dealer can place the order for me. Again, 2 door and Rubicon are musts and Turbo is preferable, but not required.

Thanks in advance for any help.
The 2.0L turbo isn't available for order right now. Only the 3.6L is available for ordering currently. The turbo engine won't be produced for the US market until Feb of next year.

2 door JL isn't available for ordering yet either. Only the 4 door can be ordered right now. 2 door JL production also starts in February, so you'll probably be able to order the 2-door 2.0L turbo at the same time.

Whether ordering for the turbo and 2-door opens up earlier than the expected start of production, I don't know. @JLWF Dealer Guy would probably have a better prediction.

Here's the production schedule for bodies / engines / features - http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...jl-2-0l-delay-powertop-diesel-dates-etc.1341/

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Hi Dealer Guy!

It shouldn't make a difference. The program is the program. The value of your trade is what it is. Get an idea by looking up trade values on KBB and be realistic. Your trade isn't excellent, a new car is. Come in with a good idea of what it is truly worth and what you would take. They will make a deal or not. I wouldn't want to spend all day negotiating, and neither do they. If that is your style though, go for it if you want. My advise, come in on a Tuesday around 2pm. Slowest time of the week and they are looking for deals.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
Hi JLWF Dealer Guy-
I asked for an update from my dealer today regarding my order on 11/6. It says "BG-Order has passed edit but cannot be considered for scheduling". What does that mean?

Sponsored

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
I tried to pre-order and it did not go well. The short story is they said they didn’t participate in Tread Lightly discount, this was after they said they did via email. Then they said they would give me $500 off tue invoice outside the TL discount program. They also wanted a $5000 deposit (fully refundable). I will also add that the sales man had no knowledge of any of the options or anything related to the new JL. I think I’ll try and find another dealer. Does anyone knownof a knowledgeable dealer on the NYC tri-state area? Any thoughts on the deal they were going to offer ($500 off invoice)?
The $500 off dealer invoice sounds very similar to what the Tread Lightly discount would be, unless they were referring to MSRP. $5,000 deposit is ridiculous, I paid a $500 deposit and I believe most others have paid that or no deposit at all in some situations. I would say find another dealership.

Loughnessmnstr

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Dealer Guy,

It seems like a majority of the questions are geared towards ordering (rightfully so), but do you have any idea when the new JLUs will be on lot in dealer inventory? Thanks in advance.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Hi JLWF Dealer Guy-
I asked for an update from my dealer today regarding my order on 11/6. It says "BG-Order has passed edit but cannot be considered for scheduling". What does that mean?
It's just another stage in the process. It will move along. Unfortunately, slowly.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Dealer Guy,

It seems like a majority of the questions are geared towards ordering (rightfully so), but do you have any idea when the new JLUs will be on lot in dealer inventory? Thanks in advance.
Heard recently that the first ones will be in, late January, early February. I know that sucks but it would seem that with the reveal at the end of the month, Thanksgiving and x-mas breaks would make sense for that timeline.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My dealership is only a 3.5 hour drive from Toledo, so once they start shipping these things out, it shouldn't take long for one to arrive on their lot. I hope the first truck has mine sitting on top of it!
Sponsored

Reactions: JAY
Status
Not open for further replies.