Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Just finished up my installation. Was a bit of a pain due to the ARB compressor under the driver seat and the amp rack under the passenger seat. Other than that, it was not bad. I did take the time to pull the factory attachment circles off the carpet and then attach them to the Armorlite. I had to cut the hole a bit larger in the armorlite to get them to reattach correctly. This should be an option from Armorlite as the hold better and look factory.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System Driver

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System Passenger

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System Driver don

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System 4BFB52C3-A64F-4546-B401-F356A135C602
Sponsored

Last edited:

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished up my installation. Was a bit of a pain due to the ARB compressor under the driver seat and the amp rack under the passenger seat. Other than that, it was not bad. I did take the time to pull the factory attachment circles off the carpet and then attach them to the Armorlite. I had to cut the hole a bit larger in the armorlite to get them to reattach correctly. This should be an option from Armorlite as the hold better and look factory.

Very cool. I can’t wait to see it the next time we meet up. Looks good though!

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Hi,
is the Armorlite flooring compatible with the Misch JL Bigboy front seat brackets ?
https://misch4x4.com/wrangler-jl-bigboy-brackets.html
This has come up before, the consensus was that if it utilized the existing seat mount locations and the brackets did not push into or rest on the existing floor it would fit with no issue. We aren't sure if the customer we instructed purchased Armorlite and tried it. I would like to say it would work, but have not trialed it my self.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
In regards to JL 2dr and the JLU cargo kits, so many variables have changed our timelines. I was really hoping for a December release but it looks like focus is to release the JK cargo first. All of these products are being developed and are in progress but the sequence they are released changes weekly. My best guess is January, February for the presale. I do assure you that we are trying to produce the best product possible, there are many overlapping conflicts that come up that we design around.
I wish I had more concrete information for everyone, and I appreciate your patience.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman

Thank you for posting your install, it looks great!
As far as the grommets, they are a Mopar produced part and can be purchased directly from Mopar or from Quadratec. We agree it finishes out the floor. We are still looking to see if we can include them as part of our kit since they are manufactured by Mopar.
Until then I encourage our users to purchase them as apposed to removing and separating your old ones as they are only about $1.50 a piece and a pain to remove. Another note is that the backing portion of the grommet is only there to retain it to the carpet for the factory install, I have installed several of just the front portion onto the stud without the back. This includes my own JL, and it has held up to an entire season of traveling and Jamborees that way.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Thank you for posting your install, it looks great!
As far as the grommets, they are a Mopar produced part and can be purchased directly from Mopar or from Quadratec. We agree it finishes out the floor. We are still looking to see if we can include them as part of our kit since they are manufactured by Mopar.
Until then I encourage our users to purchase them as apposed to removing and separating your old ones as they are only about $1.50 a piece and a pain to remove. Another note is that the backing portion of the grommet is only there to retain it to the carpet for the factory install, I have installed several of just the front portion onto the stud without the back. This includes my own JL, and it has held up to an entire season of traveling and Jamborees that way.
100% agree here! It is a pain in the butt to pull those apart! You will need to trim out the holes a bit to get the OEM two part clip to attach correctly. Was not a big deal, just took a bit of time and patience.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
100% agree here! It is a pain in the butt to pull those apart! You will need to trim out the holes a bit to get the OEM two part clip to attach correctly. Was not a big deal, just took a bit of time and patience.
Another reason to not use the back portion of the Grommet, the front portion does not require trimming in my experience.

longlivethemanual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 3.6L 6MT
Been following this for about a year. When will the 2-Door JL be available in a complete set? Glad I didn't buy front only as it doesn't look like the rest is coming anytime soon. Here's to hoping for better news...

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@Armorlite Kail - I am going to be pulling the trigger on a full set soon. Can you share the Mopar grommet part numbers?

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Many thanks! Last question - is there a forum discount for the flooring?
Yup
use code: jlwranglerforums10 at checkout for 10% off on orders over $100

nenovster

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
How to access the load floor compartment in a 2-door JK? From the pictures on the website, it looks as if the sides of the rear mat would tuck in under the side panels and/or wheel well covers?
Sponsored