First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Still not a huge fan of the under the hood mount unless you were to move the intake someplace safer. Went with the innovative jk products mount for under the seat. Had to do a little modification to make it work.
Would you be willing to share what modifications you had to do to make it work? Here in the thread or through a PM? I’m plan to go this route in the near future. Pics would be lovely if you have any.
Sponsored

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Would you be willing to share what modifications you had to do to make it work? Here in the thread or through a PM? I’m plan to go this route in the near future. Pics would be lovely if you have any.
Sure no problem. I haven’t mounted it yet since it’s been raining but I plan on taking a bunch of pics. So far I just cut the plate a little bit. I had to trim it where the stub for the floor mat sticks up. On a 4 door it won’t be an issue.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Sure no problem. I haven’t mounted it yet since it’s been raining but I plan on taking a bunch of pics. So far I just cut the plate a little bit. I had to trim it where the stub for the floor mat sticks up. On a 4 door it won’t be an issue.
I’ve got an Unlimited so that’s good. But still I’m interested in pics when you install it. Thanks.

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Please keep us update on this. I looked at my Jeep and there's certainly space under the master cylinder. You are on to something. Did you creat that heat shield as well?

Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Great location, but is the ARB and it’s connections waterproof or even rain/splash proof?
Could we box it in or would that cause overheating issues?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Lots of month's in I am still loving my @Kansascoast mount that he did. Out of sight and ZERO issues with overheating or water. Having said that I will not and have not forged a river that it would become submerged so that is not a concern.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Yes but in case you do is the ARB resistant to it..?

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
Yes but in case you do is the ARB resistant to it..?
The ARB’s are moisture and dust resistant, but I don’t think they can be submersed without allowing ample time for them to dry out. That being said...the bracket that @Goin2drt has is above the 30” water fording capability of the JL.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve got an Unlimited so that’s good. But still I’m interested in pics when you install it. Thanks.
Here are some photos of my “under passenger” JK innovations mount in my JLUR, hope these help. Reason for driver and passenger side seat photos is to note the quick hose connects. I wasn’t keen on the main power lines running through drain plug with potential for sheering (or worse) due to passenger use so that is why you see the piece of sporting tile under my passenger mat along with some garage door insulation under the cabling to reduce direct contact with the body drain edge.

D414D7CF-70CB-4F3D-846B-9C6B0C8931E6.jpeg

75DA2625-664F-42C2-8BB9-03B6B3B79A3B.jpeg

7494DAA8-76F4-4DF1-BB8D-B0E4122AC50A.jpeg

08025020-C93F-4081-A7D0-518A3CA6664E.jpeg

37C3645B-4A25-45BC-8944-9137C23F30CC.jpeg

2263AB88-2EF1-4F11-9D58-73D8C62C6D64.jpeg

753A12C2-8233-43B4-AED0-C21AB4FEE3DB.jpeg

Sponsored

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here are some photos of my “under passenger” JK innovations mount in my JLUR, hope these help. Reason for driver and passenger side seat photos is to note the quick hose connects. I wasn’t keen on the main power lines running through drain plug with potential for sheering (or worse) due to passenger use so that is why you see the piece of sporting tile under my passenger mat along with some garage door insulation under the cabling to reduce direct contact with the body drain edge.

Regarding installation, I am hardwired to the battery on the fuses included by ARB and using Aux 3 for my relay for on/off. It’s pretty loud inside when running but can’t see a reason why you might run it while sitting inside so not a big deal at all. Aside from cooler run use and out of way install the JKI guys also have a airdown kit modestly priced which works pretty slick. Because you “connect” all 4 tires at once they naturally pressure equalize during air up. Well, with the airdown tool attached in series all four tires will airdown to the same pressure too. Pretty slick.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Was missing this “through the floor” photo. This has the sporting tile and insulation I mentioned earlier.

E43B338B-B890-4774-B58A-46CD6CAB0950.jpeg

NGSpecialfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 toyota pickup, 1989 jeep cherokee
Please keep us update on this. I looked at my Jeep and there's certainly space under the master cylinder. You are on to something. Did you creat that heat shield as well?
The heat sheild is part of thd factory firewall covering it just trims and held out of place. Been really busy will keep updated.

NGSpecialfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 toyota pickup, 1989 jeep cherokee
Great location, but is the ARB and it’s connections waterproof or even rain/splash proof?
Could we box it in or would that cause overheating issues?
I have seen alot more ARBs fail due to heat than water. As with any other electrical device that pumps air, as long as the unit is powered off I see no real reason for a catastrophic failure. Remember the factory air pumps for the tj rubicon were mounted below the t-case on the skid plate from the factory. It does take little common sense when fording deep water, curtain things should be powered off and should dry properly before powered on.
I have tried to place the compressor so that as long as you are moving forward the inner fender and the mount should push water away instead of straight into vital parts of the compressor.
I am currently working on getting more built will let everyone know when ready.

OP
OP
imapseudonym

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Just for information, I ended up buying @Kansascoast engine arb mount. We mounted it up which was a little more difficult than anticipated and it's been doing good ever since. I'll try to post some photos sometime if people want but its a great little mount that tucks it away in the engine bay which I was hoping to do.
Sponsored