Sponsored

American adventure lab arb twin compressor mount w remote fitting

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Im guessing he didn’t mount it in between the hard top and the body?
I mounted mine where it's shown in most photos -- right on top of the hard top "lip", using extended hard top bolts. Bolts come out, top comes off, bolts go back in, and voila -- topless, with the AAL compressor remote right where it was before. The only inconvenience, if you can call it that, is having to reinsert two bolts instead of storing them.
Sponsored

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Why not mount it under the brake booster under the hood or under the Jeep near the back. I had zero intrest in mounting a compressor inside of the Jeep. My wife sits in the air conditioning while I air up the tires and there is NO way I would want her to have to listen to the compressor running inside of the Jeep ever time we aired up.
This made me chuckle a bit. My wife refuses to watch me air up, so she's out there helping with that while I reconnect the sway bar links. (yes, I'm the weirdo with a Rubicon and will still manually disco for rock crawling) The only exception is if it's freezing outside. Then she enjoys the free butt massager. Of course, she drives a WRX STI and rides on the back of the Harley. I used to run underhood but didn't care for the unnessesary wear and tear or the magma temp air that came out. Rear storage is full of emergency gear and bags reside where the AAL mounts. I do dig that mount though, looks great. I try to hide all my junk to keep the innocent people, innocent.

Bikinicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Im guessing he didn’t mount it in between the hard top and the body?

The photos on their website show the mount on top of the hard top lip. Also, I sent them a message and they responded that is the correct way to install. Any problems with leaks or damage to the hard top from installing between the body and the hard top?
Sponsored