ARB Rocksliders

74bronco_nomore

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 JKU, 2005 Dodge Quad cab, 2005 Audi A4
How is the ARB rock slider product working out for the Jeep JL. After searching the forum, I can't find pics or testimonials for product. I looked at all the SEMA pics I could find.

I bought them last October brand new to the market back then. Really liked the finish, design, powder coat quality, and hardware quality. Very high quality as expected from ARB. Finally got around to installing months later and I am not happy with the gap between the vertical body/door strip and the step which is about 1/4" which is very visible. This looks to be a a manufacturing flaw...hopefully just an early production run issue. I will check Monday with ARB but wanted to check with other owners.

20200307_175953.jpg
Sponsored

Nubby

First Name
Ma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Probably set that way so it doesn’t push into the body if you drop on a rock

OP
OP
74bronco_nomore

74bronco_nomore

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I worked with ARB. They will replace the set. There should not be a gap. I'll post when I have the new set installed.

JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Are you happy with them still? Can't find much information on them with people using them.
I have a 1/4" gap on both sides and it doesn't bother me. My mall crawler no longer has to worry about getting door dings while shopping (lol!)

Is there something you wanted to know?

Sponsored

OP
OP
74bronco_nomore

74bronco_nomore

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you happy with them still? Can't find much information on them with people using them.
The second set had the same gap. I couldn't compromise on it. Just didn't like seeing the ground . The product was solid otherwise. I went with the poison spyder frame mounted rails and extremely happy with them. Taking the hits offroad and no issues. No step though.

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The second set had the same gap. I couldn't compromise on it. Just didn't like seeing the ground . The product was solid otherwise. I went with the poison spyder frame mounted rails and extremely happy with them. Taking the hits offroad and no issues. No step though.

Thanks, I'm a little limited on what I can get here in Australia. Tried the Smittybilt, but not happy with the loss of clearance. Does the ARB use the body mounts? I'm worried about using those mounts with the reports of snapping the bolts....

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have a 1/4" gap on both sides and it doesn't bother me. My mall crawler no longer has to worry about getting door dings while shopping (lol!)

Is there something you wanted to know?
Will they take a good hit? The factory Rubicon I've bent sills and the Smittybilt.

Also are they using the bodymount bolts?

Last edited:
OP
OP
74bronco_nomore

74bronco_nomore

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I'm a little limited on what I can get here in Australia. Tried the Smittybilt, but not happy with the loss of clearance. Does the ARB use the body mounts? I'm worried about using those mounts with the reports of snapping the bolts....
The ARB sliders use body mount bolts. I had no issues loosening the body bolts on mine, just be careful. I used an impact wrench after I used the breaker bar for a turn or two.

Last edited:
OP
OP
74bronco_nomore

74bronco_nomore

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will they take a good hit? The factory Rubicon I've bent sills and the Smittybilt.

Also are they using the bodymount bolts?
The ARB sliders are legitimate rock slides. They will take hits. Only frame mount skids are for extreme hits but i would not hesitate taking those on trails and sliding around or over rocks.
Sponsored