First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon, Diesel
Occupation
military . . .
Question: ARB hydraulic LIFT: does anyone have experience with mounting this to their jeep? Or any concerns/experience with storing it horizontally?

I purchased an ARB hydraulic LIFT, extremely expensive by the way, but by all reports/reviews much safer than a hi-low jack. PROBLEM: The manual for this jack states "It is recommended that the jack is stored in a vertical position", and a search on-line suggest that due to the hydraulics, oil, seals etc. in this JACK, this is the reason it needs to be stored vertical, so as to not leak oil (?), to not muck up the hydraulics (?).

QUESTION:: 1) Does anyone have any experience/awareness of any pre-fabricated mounts for this (over-priced, but safer) jack--to mount it vertically? 2) Has anyone had experience with this jack storing it horizontally, and with/without any issues to the jack?

I have a 2021 JLURD, currently in the shop getting significant upgrades (MetalCloak GC 3.5 inch lift, 37" tires, regearing, new bumpers, winch; etc.
I have ordered/waiting for a Vector Off-road GGB rear cargo shelf which will limit any points to mount this ARB jack in the back.

A search online for pre-fabed mounts comes up with nothing. Two emails to ARB customer services asking for mounting vertical solutions--no answer. I had planned just to have this jack in the back cargo area. So back to the Questions: 1) anyone have any experience mounting this ARB jack vertically? and 2) if you've had this jack and stored it horizontally (i.e. in the cargo area) have you had any problems with this jack?

I'm attaching 3 pictures-- 1) the white jeep is not my jeep, but a picture of the Vector rear cargo shelf that I'll have in soon--there does appear to be enough room between the shelf and the swing gate to mount this jack standing up--if there is a pre-fabed mounting solution? Otherwise I may have someone manufacture up something. The other two pictures, 2) and 3) are of my rig--a few more upgrades to be done before I get it out of the shop--MetalCloak outer/inner Overland fenders power coated black
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Hydraulic JACK and mounting question Vector rear cargo shelf
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Hydraulic JACK and mounting question Jeep side pic (1)
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Hydraulic JACK and mounting question Jeep side pic (2)
to match the bumpers to be installed, and the MetalCloak Undercloak skid plate system .

Mounting solutions/recommendations/experience with this ARB hydraulic LIFT?
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Would the Pro Eagle 1.5 ton floor jack with oversized wheels work? Has solid “skid plate” bottom and 18” extension.
38 pounds and 1’ 9” of lift. They make an aluminum rack for storing. I have one coming next week, We tow a T@b clamshell trailer and it Should come in handy for the Jeep or Trailer for flats, repairs etc.

Off Road Warehouse has 10% off site wide through Labor Day I think.

OP
OP

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
military . . .
Would the Pro Eagle 1.5 ton floor jack with oversized wheels work? Has solid “skid plate” bottom and 18” extension.
38 pounds and 1’ 9” of lift. They make an aluminum rack for storing. I have one coming next week, We tow a T@b clamshell trailer and it Should come in handy for the Jeep or Trailer for flats, repairs etc.

Off Road Warehouse has 10% off site wide through Labor Day I think.
That sounds like a great option, had I not already purchased an $850 jack . . . and tossed the packaging. The ARB jack--looks great, have it in the garage, I suspect there will be somewhere behind the plastic panels that someone with some know-how can manufacture/bolt some straps for this jack, and on the cargo floor to manufacture a plate with corners to hold the base of this jack anchored--in such a way that the mounting doesn't look poorly done. Hoping someone can tell me of an exiting good mount? Or who can confirm their experience of caring this hydraulic jack horizontally hasn't created any problems with their jack. ARB has some good products--I have a mounted air compressor--good stuff, but this jack . . . good jack, no mount; would be a better jack if someone can confirm, contrary to ARB owner manual, that a horizontal storing of this doesn't muck with the over priced but good/safe(r) jack . . .

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Litebrite has been running trails with the arb jack in its carrying case just laying in the cargo area. They've yet to report any issues.

It's far too pricy to leave it exposed to thieves and weather, by mounting it to the exterior. By storing it vertically, they mean long term. So, stand it up in the garage until you head out on an offroad trip. When you get home, the jack goes back to standing in the garage.

OP
OP

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
military . . .
Litebrite has been running trails with the arb jack in its carrying case just laying in the cargo area. They've yet to report any issues.

It's far too pricy to leave it exposed to thieves and weather, by mounting it to the exterior. By storing it vertically, they mean long term. So, stand it up in the garage until you head out on an offroad trip. When you get home, the jack goes back to standing in the garage.
VERY helpful information; I've seen a few of Litebrites videos on YouTube--experienced people. Yes, way to expensive to mount on the exterior, was then looking for a mount on the interior to exiting bolts--but to store vertically in the garage and put it in horizontally/cargo bay during rides--great feedback as to Litebrites experience, thank you!

Sponsored

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Have you used the jack yet or decided how to store it?

This jack is ridiculously priced, but having taken a hilift to the face (nothing broken but a bruise for 2 weeks) way back I don't care and will be getting it. I don't like the way I have my new hilift stored on the new Jeep. It's also back in the elements which is what caused the problem last time.

Reactions: J0E
OP
OP

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
military . . .
Have you used the jack yet or decided how to store it?

This jack is ridiculously priced, but having taken a hilift to the face (nothing broken but a bruise for 2 weeks) way back I don't care and will be getting it. I don't like the way I have my new hilift stored on the new Jeep. It's also back in the elements which is what caused the problem last time.
20211031_154911.jpg

OP
OP

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
military . . .
This, was the answer I arrived at. Mounted Vertically, inside the jeep so as to be more safe/secure--I don't intend to remove, then put it back in every time I go driving. I took this to a local shop, LetzRoll (Mesa, AZ) who worked up this answer/mount; straps bolted in to the side, and the tricky was the rear cargo shelf (Vector CCG)--ended up cutting a hole in the shelf, so as to maintain the structural integrity/strength of the shelf, and same mounting straps for the top. A genius mod on this shelf was the Jack's base mount which is also mounted here--not well shown, but a hook/notch on the back side to hold the lip of this base for the jack, and a drilled hole through the shelf and through the lip of the other side of the jack base plate, and a simple 'screw in the wing nut' to hold the ARB jack mount base plate. Vertically mounted, secure, and the base plate mounted/stored as well.

Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
By storing it vertically, they mean long term. So, stand it up in the garage until you head out on an offroad trip. When you get home, the jack goes back to standing in the garage.
The double guaranteed formula to need it the time you forget to load it. Why not strap it to the roll bar? I'm thinking a proper sized VELCRO strap. That's how I attach my 1.25" Bubba.

I've seen so many problems with farm jacks this might be worth the money. You'd think for $900 they'd make it so you could store it laying down, the most convenient position for most.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Hydraulic JACK and mounting question bubbaRope

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The double guaranteed formula to need it the time you forget to load it. Why not strap it to the roll bar? I'm thinking a proper sized VELCRO strap. That's how I attach my 1.25" Bubba.

I've seen so many problems with farm jacks this might be worth the money. You'd think for $900 they'd make it so you could store it laying down, the most convenient position for most.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Hydraulic JACK and mounting question bubbaRope
Yeah, unless one is getting to offroad often enough that grabbing extra stuff out of storage is muscle memory, it could be easily forgotten in that dusty corner of the garage. I can see myself trying to stack factory scissor Jack's on a trail, while thinking of my fancy arb jack at home. 😆

The hydraulic arb jack is definitely safer to use, in most hands, than a manual high lift. The common thing about both that I'm not a fan of, is there's nothing stopping the top of each jack from pivoting into and damaging the body, or tipping the other way and letting the Jeep fall out towards the person holding the tire iron.

I'm a fan of a bottle jack with a small selection of ram extensions. Lifting under an axle requires a fraction of the work to unweight a tire, and many of them are designed to work both vertically and horizontally, which broadens its uses. Those specific bottle Jack's can also be stored standing up or lying down.
Sponsored