NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for images of the halogen high top flares, or anyone who has added them to a sport wondering if they will work since the LED version is not comparable. Wondering also if I can just put my sport halogens into the high top halogen flares. So pics are very welcome.
Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I don't believe your halogen lights would swap in to the high top fenders. The Sport fenders are 1 piece while the Rubicon high top ones are 2 separate pieces so I'm guessing the light fits differently but I could be wrong. LED fenders should work on your Sport as well. The only issue with LEDs on a Sport is not being able to use the halo on the headlights, but the rest of the LED lights should swap over no problem.

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
No the led won’t work on a sport I confirmed with FCA and apparently neither will halogens so sport can not have high top flares unless you want to buy a tazer JL and pay another 300 for that and still only partially work so I will go with standard flares

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I asked quadratec about their halogen flares and if they would have any hyperflash or light out warnings. They said no, that they would work just fine since you’re going from halogen to halogen and not swapping to LED. This is quadratec’s word so take that how you will. Makes sense though.

Stopped by the dealership for an oil change today and compared the sport flares to the rubicon flares. Definitely a size difference in width. About 1/2” to 1” wider. Curious to see how they worked in the halogen marker light to the larger rubicon flare.

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You would think that they would work from what FCA said is the high top flares have two plugs when the sport only has one and the high top flares are two separate lights when the sport is one piece so I’m guessing neither the LED or Halogen will just plug in and work even with having the dealer program it
Sponsored