Sponsored

High Top fender flares

nobuzzhack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
jawest did you hear anything back from Tazer on this? The dealer allegedly flashed my Sport S to allow the LEDs from the high top fenders but it started giving a light out warning the next week. Took it back to the dealer and they said there was a voltage issue so they also replaced the BCM but it is still giving a warning.

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
jawest did you hear anything back from Tazer on this? The dealer allegedly flashed my Sport S to allow the LEDs from the high top fenders but it started giving a light out warning the next week. Took it back to the dealer and they said there was a voltage issue so they also replaced the BCM but it is still giving a warning.
They have been looking into the issue. Giving me settings to compare. But no resolution to the DRL function. But the Tazer did fix the light out warnings the first time I used it. So that part should be no problem at all.

Seems to me Jeep dropped the ball on this one a bit. If you are going to sell it to sports. And advertise as having LED DRL's, then you need to have the ability to set it up. I don't mind buying a programmer, but it shouldn't be required.

brockj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport 20016 lj rubicon
How much wider are the Rubicon flares than the sport flares? I have a sport s with rubi rims and tires and I'm worried the fenders will be too wide and not look right since the Rubicon axles are a little wider than the rest.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
How much wider are the Rubicon flares than the sport flares? I have a sport s with rubi rims and tires and I'm worried the fenders will be too wide and not look right since the Rubicon axles are a little wider than the rest.
Same width as the sport flares.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I was so hoping it would work with DRL’s. Following !

myerides

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It’s all 4. This is 35’s without lift. Waiting on a Tazer to program the LEDs to stop hyperflash and out warnings. But everything works. Super easy install.

55805976-1EF2-4B26-84B7-6FFCBE4D841D.jpeg
When you say "without lift" does that mean it is sitting on fully stock Sport suspension? You haven't added Rubi shocks/springs?

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
When you say "without lift" does that mean it is sitting on fully stock Sport suspension? You haven't added Rubi shocks/springs?
In this picture, correct. Fully stock sport lift. No rubbing, but the wheels do have 4.5" of backspacing to help with that. I have since added a lift, not for tire clearance, but for better approach and departure angles. Plus, I just like the way it looks :)

Sponsored

myerides

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
In this picture, correct. Fully stock sport lift. No rubbing, but the wheels do have 4.5" of backspacing to help with that. I have since added a lift, not for tire clearance, but for better approach and departure angles. Plus, I just like the way it looks :)
Thanks! I was asking because I have JLUR springs & shocks which give me a little less than 2" of lift. I just put 35's on it and I have the Rubi fenders coming.

IMG_5327.JPG

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
I think yours will look great with that combo for sure. I currently have 2.5" springs, which might be a little much with the rubicon flares. Almost like it needs 37's, or shorter springs.

IMG_2846.jpeg

nobuzzhack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
The dealer never could get my turn signal error light to turn off permanently, they contacted Jeep and Jeep said it won't work until they provide a system update which may or may not ever happen. Then Jeep sent me a check for the fenders.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The dealer never could get my turn signal error light to turn off permanently, they contacted Jeep and Jeep said it won't work until they provide a system update which may or may not ever happen. Then Jeep sent me a check for the fenders.
Are you saying there’s a way to get free fenders lol.

nobuzzhack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
free as in 6 trips between 2 dealers before Jeep provided them with this key piece of info. I was just pleased as punch that Jeep admitted they did something wrong for once.
Sponsored

Reactions: zyt