First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I wanna see someone with the Tan interior post pics with HH's "Med Dark Oak" to see how the 2 compare
Sponsored

Bluegoose972

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Firecracker Red, 1966 Mustang Convertible (rebuilding)
Anyone used the Hothead Headliners long term? Just curious how they hold up over time. Drooping? Velcro coming loose? Warping?

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I have viewed the HH videos. They show that the HH units are thicker than the MOPAR ones. Were the thicker panels difficult to slide into the gaps between the top and the roll bars?

OP
OP

ssiegler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
FYI - Hoheads currently has a 5% off promo

Sponsored

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I bought a used 2012 JK in 2015. I installed the Hot Heads right after I got the JK. No problems at all. HH liners seem nicer than Mopar and I think that you get a few more pieces with the HH. They cut down on the heat from the top on full sun days in my opinion.
Install was not that bad. Easier if you have two people to put the large pieces in place. I did not remove the top to do the install.

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Ok, I just got my Hot Head headliners a couple of days ago. Very well packed. Very well explained. Easy to install and I just drove for 3 minutes and they really do an amazing job with overall noise. Alpine sound is also better. I did hear the exhaust a little different but overall I am really happy. I purchased the headliners, the back side windows and the sound assassin.

4WHLFUN

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Were the thicker panels difficult to slide into the gaps between the top and the roll bars?
Not difficult but you don’t want to be applying any upward pressure or I could see the double stick tape starting to bite. I took it up and backward first so that I didn’t feed it at an angle...had no problems.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I've been lurking now for weeks (my new addiction) as I'll be buying my first jeep this summer. I've been waiting for years and am leaving nothing to chance. With that said, I was planning to order the Mopar headliners with the jeep, but am now considering getting the full hothead package. Everyone talks about cutting noise, but my biggest concern is heat. It gets a little warm here in the desert, does anyone have a thought on Mopar vs Hothead for heat?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I've read nothing but great success with the "HOTHEADS" headliners--for over 7 years and--

The only problem has been IMPROPER ADHESIVE INSTALLATION, or improper surface preps for the DBL back velcro--

The Velcro never weakens--just the adhesive-and surface preps and ambient temperature is of PRIMARY IMPORTANCE, for installation !

Good luck

JIMBO

Sponsored

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Any feedback on the Bed rug headliner? Just saw them for the first time to day. Price is awesome but no sure of quality or function. Had the bed rug in a truck once and loved it. I know a lot og guys never do anything with the inside roof of their jeeps so thinking maybe the bed rug might do the trick. What do you guys think?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Has anyone installed Hothead Headliners for their new JL? What do you think of the quality? How easy/hard was the install?

Anybody have thoughts on quality vs Mopar? The Hotheads are a lot more expensive.
Scott--maybe I'm missing something. I'm not finding the price difference between the Hothead and MOPAR headliners to be that much---unless you're factoring in the time it takes to do the Hothead ones yourself.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Scott--maybe I'm missing something. I'm not finding the price difference between the Hothead and MOPAR headliners to be that much---unless you're factoring in the time it takes to do the Hothead ones yourself.
Yeah, I'm confused by this as well: Jeep headliners are a $525 option; HotHeads are $519, and that includes the extra Sound Assassin liner and the rear window liners. Includes free shipping and plus 2 promos: 5% off coupon and 15% off for military or law enforcement (so $493 or $441). Isn't this less expensive?
https://hotheadheadliners.com/products/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door-hard-top-headliner

OP
OP

ssiegler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Yeah, I'm confused by this as well: Jeep headliners are a $525 option; HotHeads are $519, and that includes the extra Sound Assassin liner and the rear window liners. Includes free shipping and plus 2 promos: 5% off coupon and 15% off for military or law enforcement (so $493 or $441). Isn't this less expensive?
https://hotheadheadliners.com/products/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door-hard-top-headliner
you are correct. I believe when I ordered my JL the Mopar headliners were in the $450 range. I went ahead and purchased Hotheads last week. Just received them yesterday and plan to install this weekend

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hi Everyone,
IMG_20180216_175740.jpg

I wanted to take a minute to formally introduce Hothead Headliners to the JL forum members. We are a small American company that takes pride in offering the best headliners we can make and even more pride in providing exceptional customer service. If you've been wondering about our headliners or some of the others we have some informative videos on our web site where I show how ours and others are constructed. It's so hard to tell exactly what your'e looking at from just a picture. If you every have any questions about our headliners or any of the others give us a call
[email protected]
714-872-2071
Here is a link to our web site: Hothead Headliners
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGhob32uv9MmZt6Kf98YrLg
best regards,
Mark

Full Top.jpg

Full Top.jpg
Sponsored