Sponsored

Anyone from Oklahoma

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Hey all!

Ive been lurking the forum for a while now but just now found this page. I live in the MWC area and am in the middle of finalizing my Jeep buy!

Had a 97 TJ that I drove the wheels off of but havent had one since then and then when I saw the new model come out last year the fever hit.

The waiting game is going to kill me!

Kioti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Owasso area here! I went to Disney and wheeled for the first time yesterday. It was awesome! Im looking for a local jeep club. I really want to start hitting the trails more often.

Sponsored

Kioti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This is the first I’ve heard of it. I’m in the middle of selling my house and moving. We close on the new house Friday. It would be awesome to make it down there if I get some free time. Muskogee is only an hour a way from me!

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys,

I will be moving to OKC(Norman) area here in a few months. I've spent most of my adult life in/around Oklahoma city and my wife is an Okie so I know the area pretty well. I will be moving back from a great 2 year stint in Colorado Springs where I have easy access to day wheeling trips close ( 30 mins - 1 hr away). My question is where are some places to get my fix in that's close to the metro area? I know about the Canadian river but not sure where to enter/exit and are there any other places "close". I just know I'm need to get out into "nature".

-Jonny-

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Hella Yella JLUR
Hey Guys,

I will be moving to OKC(Norman) area here in a few months. I've spent most of my adult life in/around Oklahoma city and my wife is an Okie so I know the area pretty well. I will be moving back from a great 2 year stint in Colorado Springs where I have easy access to day wheeling trips close ( 30 mins - 1 hr away). My question is where are some places to get my fix in that's close to the metro area? I know about the Canadian river but not sure where to enter/exit and are there any other places "close". I just know I'm need to get out into "nature".

Crossbar is very popular. It takes me just under an hour to get there from Norman.
https://www.rideyourlifestyle.com/about

Disney (Grand Lake) is also a great place but it is a couple hours away.

If you have facebook, submit a request to join Red Dirt Jeeps. There are quite a few RDJ events with pretty active membership.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Crossbar is very popular. It takes me just under an hour to get there from Norman.
https://www.rideyourlifestyle.com/about

Disney (Grand Lake) is also a great place but it is a couple hours away.

If you have facebook, submit a request to join Red Dirt Jeeps. There are quite a few RDJ events with pretty active membership.
Thanks, I am a member of RDJ already, one of the first things I did when we decided to start the move back to OK. Is there still trails open around Draper? I know you can get on the river area around town, just not sure where? I do plan on getting out to Disney this year, I hear it's pretty fun. I'm not at all an extreme off roader, I just love being out in nature on intermediate style trails.

-Jonny-

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Hella Yella JLUR
I'm not familiar with any trails around Draper lake. That's not too say that there aren't any though.

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1986 CJ7
Norman / Moore area here. JT and CJ in the stable already with a JLUR on order. Hope to have it in early December.

Bobisawesome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Enid for the time being. Just grabbed a JLUR few weeks ago, did a little trip out to White Water. Originally from NV so the wheeling looks way different out here

Seabee1999

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
USN (ret.)
Clubs

Reviving an old thread, but wanted to say I’m currently in Norman, OK. Retired Navy and enjoy my JL.
Sponsored