Sponsored

Anyone else wrenching during quarantine?

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
...I installed my new premium soft top late last week and got to drive around with it this weekend. All I can say is that the hard top might be going up for sale. 1. at least while new, the soft top is more quiet than the hard top! 2. The soft top couldn't be any easier to fold down. 3. I'm not sure I'm ever going to be willing to take all the soft top hardware off so I can put the hard top back on.

I got the garage mostly organized this weekend so I actually have some room to work.

As for wrenching I already did my winch interrupt. But I never liked the way I wired my accessory switches to my accessories. So I'm going to mount up some power distribution blocks and organize that birds nest.

Then I'm going to start to work on a custom aluminum storage box for the rear cargo area. I know there are aftermarket boxes, but i need to keep it short so the dogs can sit on top of it and still stand up and turn around. Then there is the matter of the sub-woofer location in the 2 door which none of the aftermarket drawers address. So out comes the tig welder. Next issue is to find someone with some aluminum sheets so I don't have to buy new. Aluminum is really expensive right now.

I've also got some LED bulbs coming in for the front DRL and flashers. That's only a 20 minute job but still counts as wrenching, right?
Before having the JL I had two hard top JKs. When I was shopping for the JL, the wife suggested I go with a soft top this time. Only regret is not doing the same with the JKs.

I'm also working on a cargo storage and have a winch interrupt waiting to be installed LOL
Sponsored

CDubya2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sport
I have Smittybilt XRC fender flares front/back. Any luck with adding side indicators on them? I don't just want to mount a bulb. I was hoping to find an aftermarket setup that attaches to the oem fender supports in the front.
here's a stock photo of the fender.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else wrenching during quarantine? 1590104871466

I'm a new member, thanks in advance for your feedback.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I made some mud flaps a week or so ago. Fail. I thought they were more than big enough. But I'm still getting mud and pebbles slung onto the bottom of the front doors and all over the rear quarter panels and fenders. So not sure what to do to fix.

I also started welding up the rear storage box. Wish I was a better tig weldor but I'll muddle through despite the thin aluminum frame which wants to blow though if you even look at it sternly. One thing I'm really good at with regard to welding is fixing holes!

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Last Friday I installed a winch. Yesterday I installed 1/2” spacers in the front and today I’m going to install the Warn power interrupt.
Sponsored