Sponsored

Anyone else using New RC relocation bracket?

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
6D4D352B-CBD4-4C5D-BE60-3EDF159F689B.jpeg
looking for pictures or thoughts on people using the new RC relocation bracket.

I’m debating if I should keep mine or go back to using the stock carrier with the wheel spacer.
All opinions appreciated, Thanks.
Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
6D4D352B-CBD4-4C5D-BE60-3EDF159F689B.jpeg
looking for pictures or thoughts on people using the new RC relocation bracket.

I’m debating if I should keep mine or go back to using the stock carrier with the wheel spacer.
All opinions appreciated, Thanks.

I have it with the MOPAR carrier. Spacers work but this raises the tire too. If you come down on something off road, and inch or two could be the difference in breaking something or not.

E6DF1B95-F045-4D74-A342-F8A5E1B0CC54.jpeg

OP
OP
Gron86

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have it with the MOPAR carrier. Spacers work but this raises the tire too. If you come down on something off road, and inch or two could be the difference in breaking something or not.

E6DF1B95-F045-4D74-A342-F8A5E1B0CC54.jpeg
So overall you are happy with the new bracket? Are you saying the additional clearence would be beneficial off road ?
Do you have a pic of the back of your Jeep?
Thanks.

OP
OP
Gron86

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You have the one that raises the tire 4.75” right?

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
This is is close as I have. It raises the tire up 2.25” and out probably about an inch. I am able to run a 37” tire with no issues and even use the factory third brake light. People have been know to catch their spare descending a rock ledge or other steep surface and damage the carrier and/or tailgate. Raising the tire up will help that.

89378398-A478-4A06-9F1B-52E9B34E0C5F.jpeg

A92E7665-B596-4BDE-ADB6-8663934756C9.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gron86

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks. Looks great BTW. I have the redesigned bracket which raises the spare tire 4.75” the kickout remains the same.
That is why I was asking for people’s opinions on the look.
The bracket was redesigned in July of this year.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Looks great BTW. I have the redesigned bracket which raises the spare tire 4.75” the kickout remains the same.
That is why I was asking for people’s opinions on the look.
The bracket was redesigned in July of this year.
I think I get what your after. With the stock wheel/tire combo and the updated RC relocation bracket, the new bracket provides a ton of clearance. There's a significantly larger gap between the bumper and the tire, because the updated relocation bracket is designed to handle mounting a larger tire.

Since using the new RC bracket with your current wheel gives you a ton of extra clearance, it's really a personal preference on the look you're going for at this point, and whether or not you appreciate having the extra security while wheeling.

If you go back to the stock carrier/spacer option, your tire would shift closer to the bumper, or about the same height as a 37" tire would with your upgraded RC bracket.

For the record, I don't think your current setup looks bad at all. You have a ton of clearance, and you're prepped for being able to increase your tire size with little to no issues. The only downside is that you lose a slight bit of your rear view out of the Jeep with your tire being mounted higher. My opinion would be to leave it as it is, and suffer like the rest of us with constant dreams of upgrading everything! ;)

Looks good!

OP
OP
Gron86

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I think I get what your after. With the stock wheel/tire combo and the updated RC relocation bracket, the new bracket provides a ton of clearance. There's a significantly larger gap between the bumper and the tire, because the updated relocation bracket is designed to handle mounting a larger tire.

Since using the new RC bracket with your current wheel gives you a ton of extra clearance, it's really a personal preference on the look you're going for at this point, and whether or not you appreciate having the extra security while wheeling.

If you go back to the stock carrier/spacer option, your tire would shift closer to the bumper, or about the same height as a 37" tire would with your upgraded RC bracket.

For the record, I don't think your current setup looks bad at all. You have a ton of clearance, and you're prepped for being able to increase your tire size with little to no issues. The only downside is that you lose a slight bit of your rear view out of the Jeep with your tire being mounted higher. My opinion would be to leave it as it is, and suffer like the rest of us with constant dreams of upgrading everything! ;)

Looks good!
Thanks , I appreciate the Feedback.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Does anybody know why they doubled the rise height? I have the original 2in relocation bracket and can't imagine having the tire any higher. I'm already slightly uncomfortable with how the weight hangs on the stock tailgate as is and will be getting an aftermarket bumper with tire carrier soon.

OP
OP
Gron86

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The look is growing on me day by day. It worked out better anyway. The tire is now resting against the bump stops on the tailgate. With the old setup. It was bolted to the spacer with no back support & I couldn’t use the bezel for the backup cam.

OP
OP
Gron86

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Does anybody know why they doubled the rise height? I have the original 2in relocation bracket and can't imagine having the tire any higher. I'm already slightly uncomfortable with how the weight hangs on the stock tailgate as is and will be getting an aftermarket bumper with tire carrier soon.
It was due to the back up sensors going off with the tire.
Jeep rates the tail gate on the rubi or all JL’s I believe to handel the weight of a 35” tire.
You have to make sure the tire makes contact with the tail gate bumpstops, this will prevent any vibration & also take some of theload off of the carrier.
Sponsored