Sponsored

Anyone else have these windshield marks?

Gummiente62

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gummiente62.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport, 97 C5 Corvette, 03 HD FXD
Occupation
Retired
They only show up on a foggy or frosty morning and after 2yrs of periodically cleaning the glass they're still visible. I recently watched a video of the JL assembly line at Toledo and they appear to have been caused by the six suction cups that hold the windshield in place while it is installed into the frame. I'm not sure why or how the cups leave a permanent mark and I'm curious if anyone else has this issue and, if so, were you able to remove them?

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else have these windshield marks? IMG_20210612_0707356~2
Sponsored

Last edited:

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
There are a bunch of YouTube videos on how to remove the marks, a lot reference using 'Sparkle' glass cleaner and stain remover. Worth a shot.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Gummiente62

You can see the factory machine with the suction cups placing the windshield on a JL.

Watch the whole video or skip to frame 732 and watch from there..

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
It's an easter egg. Each circle has 42 slots. 6 circles times 7 slot grill. The windshields that still have these are going to be worth a lot more. Quadratec sells a replacement kit for the circles, but reviews say its chinese crap compared to Mopar OEM.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Those circles show that your Jeep was built by Sienar Fleet Systems for the Galactic Empire. Since the the Galactic Empire collapsed after the Battle of Yavin, this means you have a true collector item, and you should cherish it with all your heart.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Aliens! lol. Like everyone has noted, suction cup rings from production. They can show for a long time.

A Magic Eraser and Aquapel Glass cleaner finally got rid of mine. Any good glass cleaner will probably work after the Magic Eraser. Ring out the eraser and circular motions. Wipe clean and use glass cleaner with paper towels. I prefer paper towels because I noticed microfiber towels leave a very fine lint.

I apply Aquapel to all my windshields after the cleaning when needed. It's a catalized glass sealant that repels water. You have a short timeframe to apply after catalizing the sealant. It smokes as it is appled to the glass. lol. It's much more durable than RainX.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Will be nerd-level interesting to see if the gorilla glass windshields (factory install) feature the identical mark. As in - wonder if the gorilla glass just gets slotted into the normal production line or if it’s a separate/different step.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Will be nerd-level interesting to see if the gorilla glass windshields (factory install) feature the identical mark. As in - wonder if the gorilla glass just gets slotted into the normal production line or if it’s a separate/different step.
Gorilla Glass will probably be installed by the same suction cup armed robot.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
0000 steel wool. It works well. It will get rid of water spots too.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Not only can you not see them on Gorilla glass, you can't even see the Gorilla glass itself!

(Sorry, bad attempt at humor as all the GG orders are stuck and we're still waiting on the first one to be produced)
Sponsored