Sponsored

Rear Windshield drip marks from factory

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
See attached. No matter how hard I clean them they won't come out. I can only see in my rear view mirror if the sun hits it just right. I tried to capture a photo here. They are vertical and about 1" wide. Almost as if something was spilled on the windshield.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Windshield drip marks from factory View recent photos
Sponsored

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
I had it too, on a brand new JL that I just picked up. Mine was full of these little spots. I used Windex and had to literally use a lot of force/friction to remove it. Keep rubbing, it will eventually rub off.
Cheers/B

GeeGuid

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Rubi
My side panel glass was replaced for this reason. Looked like something spilled and caused delamination inside the glass.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Have suction cup marks on windshield from factory install, shows up in certain weather conditions! Cannot get rid of no matter what, as said only in certain weather so I live with it!

I'd like to think it's a "Jeep Thing" but after 27 Jeeps suction cup marks are not "a Jeep Thing"!!!

Go Jeep!!!

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If no window cleaner is able to remove that even with hard scrubbing from the inside and the outside of the glass, I would take it to a dealer and ask for a replacement because of safety concerns because it makes rearward vision very difficult on sunny days.

Sponsored

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Have suction cup marks on windshield from factory install, shows up in certain weather conditions! Cannot get rid of no matter what, as said only in certain weather so I live with it!

I'd like to think it's a "Jeep Thing" but after 27 Jeeps suction cup marks are not "a Jeep Thing"!!!

Go Jeep!!!
Same with me, I seem to get these alien symbols appear in each corner when it is cold.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I had a lot of water spots on the glass (from the dealers lot cleaners) that wouldn't come off. I ended up using some Mcguire's "scratch x" clearcoat scratch remover. Removed them all and left the glass nice and smooth.

OP
OP

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the "Alien marks" of the front as well, but only on certain days, and I too can't get them out! The issue is I have had the Jeep for 2 years and 12 months, and I can't see them doing it at this point. Maybe it is worth an ask.

OP
OP

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is also hard to tell if the drips on the back and marks on the front are on the inside or outside.
Sponsored