Sponsored

Anyone else happy without the Alpine?

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I ended up not ordering the alpine system, thinking that for that kind of money I could replace all the speakers and add a sub plus have money to spare. However, now that I have my Jeep I'm extremely happy with the base system. Probably one of the best stock systems I've ever had. Now, I will admit that while I was heavily into car audio when I was younger (had a '94 camaro with the rear seat removed for the amp rack, 3 JL 12W6s, 2 8" orions, and 2 orion components up front, driven by a phoenix gold for the highs and an orion for the lows, and a few other goodies, and that thing could pound the ground! But these days, I really don't turn it up all that much. Maybe the Alpine would have a better overall sound, but honestly the stock system really works well for me.

Just thought I'd share for anyone else wondering if they want to spend the money on it - if you can great, but if not, and you're not into vibrating other cars mirrors, you'll be fine :)
Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
No Alpine here either and I love the ucon 5 w 7" screen.

Top down next to an 18 wheeler I can't hear it well, but that is it.

I would rather put $1500 into the suspension, wheels, tires, engine, or exhaust

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Iā€™m happy with the base stereo. What Iā€™m most happy to have is the 7ā€ screen with Apple Carplay.

The speakers are a vast improvement over my ā€˜94 YJ which had two ā€œworkingā€ speakers in the light bar, both of which were old rotted out paper cones that you could barely hear, and two broken speakers in the dash that made no sound.

Itā€™s all relative... my JLR is a luxury car compared to my previous jeep so Iā€™m quite happy with it.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I'm very happy no issue. JLUR stereo sounds great.

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I ended up not ordering the alpine system, thinking that for that kind of money I could replace all the speakers and add a sub plus have money to spare. However, now that I have my Jeep I'm extremely happy with the base system. Probably one of the best stock systems I've ever had. Now, I will admit that while I was heavily into car audio when I was younger (had a '94 camaro with the rear seat removed for the amp rack, 3 JL 12W6s, 2 8" orions, and 2 orion components up front, driven by a phoenix gold for the highs and an orion for the lows, and a few other goodies, and that thing could pound the ground! But these days, I really don't turn it up all that much. Maybe the Alpine would have a better overall sound, but honestly the stock system really works well for me.

Just thought I'd share for anyone else wondering if they want to spend the money on it - if you can great, but if not, and you're not into vibrating other cars mirrors, you'll be fine :)
The Alpine system is nothing to wright home about. Especially in the 2 door. The sub-woofer, which is okay but not great, is in the rear floor cargo compartment. So you have no storage. With the placement of the front speakers, all the sound seems to come from behind your head. And the sound ain't all that great. Seems like the speakers are kinda wimpy. For the money, totally not worth it IMO. At some point in the future I will probably end up replacing my speakers.

Wa-stinggray

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Have the 5ā€ and I canā€™t stand the system or speakers. Wish I had at least the 7ā€ to make it all easier.

Added new 3.5ā€ hertz in the dash and it just makes me want to fix it even more. Really want to swap the head unit for a Kenwood system thatā€™s out and then hookup a 5 channel amp.

Eventually I will probably swap the 3.5ā€ for a component set also.
Sponsored