Sponsored

Has anyone upgrade to the $1,299 Alpine Aftermarker sub?

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
I was wondering if the Aftermarket Alpine was better than the original premium sound system that the upgrade Wranglers came with.

Can anyone share their experience?
Sponsored

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
I was wondering if the Aftermarket Alpine was better than the original premium sound system that the upgrade Wranglers came with.

I'd like to know this as well......I love my music but hesitant for someone to mess with the stereo head unit....I'm thinking about upgrading the speakers and see if that will help...

OP
OP
Goheels050917

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'd like to know this as well......I love my music but hesitant for someone to mess with the stereo head unit....I'm thinking about upgrading the speakers and see if that will help...
It's actually an easy upgrade for DIY. I looked at the video, and probably should take less than 2 hours to complete, but yeah hoping someone responds.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
It's actually an easy upgrade for DIY. I looked at the video, and probably should take less than 2 hours to complete, but yeah hoping someone responds.
I'd probably goof it up somehow......There are several small, stereo places here - once it warms up, I'll go by there to see what they say.....

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR

Sponsored

Winsurfer76

First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I recently purchased one from Amazon for $827 and installed in my wife’s JL. It is a noticeable improvement in sound quality and volume. The 8” powered sub does a decent job of adding low end that was lacking, but not window shacking bass. I mainly purchased it for the ease of installation. Would I purchase it at full price? No. Does it do a good job of improving the factory sound? Yes.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara

I am very disappointed in the Alpine upgrade. A little upset that I paid for a premium system and now I'm looking to up grade that. It's f---ing ridiculous. I came from a Ford Edge that had a premium Bose system. It was wonderful. I think Jeep should of thought a little more on the capability of sound separation I thought with the speakers on the roll bar the sound would be awesome. DISSAPOINTED!

OP
OP
Goheels050917

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am very disappointed in the Alpine upgrade. A little upset that I paid for a premium system and now I'm looking to up grade that. It's f---ing ridiculous. I came from a Ford Edge that had a premium Bose system. It was wonderful. I think Jeep should of thought a little more on the capability of sound separation I thought with the speakers on the roll bar the sound would be awesome. DISSAPOINTED!
They actually have the system on sale for 899 now. Hmm.

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
Seriously? I consider myself an armature audiophile and based on what they had to work with I think the factory Alpine option is FANTASTIC.

-Eli

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Seriously? I consider myself an armature audiophile and based on what they had to work with I think the factory Alpine option is FANTASTIC.

-Eli
It doesn't bother you that the speakers on the roll bar don't have more if a presents in the whole sound presentation

Sponsored

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
The front sound stage is a LOT more important. Do you stand backwards at a concert? Also, how would you suggest they do it better? Pretty limited in a Wrangler.

-Eli

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The front sound stage is a LOT more important. Do you stand backwards at a concert? Also, how would you suggest they do it better? Pretty limited in a Wrangler.

-Eli
Jeep implys that the system has surround sound. Do you think it does? The over head speakers on a separate control would be nice.

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
I am with you I don't even want to turn it on.The wind sounds better.Just waiting to see how to update with speakers amps etc. LET's Rock

Mooch76

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Train Operator
I bought on amazon $827+tax. Installed in 2 door with 7” screen. It took about 2 hours or so. It sounds really good. I don’t know what the factory alpine system sounds like for a comparison. I was worried that the seat would not slide forward without hitting, but works perfectly. Only problem is I lose a little toe room behind the passenger seat.
Sponsored