COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
The earthing point is just as important as the 12V source. It is very possible this was the cause of your problem. Be careful of using any random bolt. If they have paint underneath, they wont give you a reliable earth.
Thanks...
I made a little experiment on my way home...
I turned the volume down, around 15.. it was 18... it didn’t reboot once..
That looks so weird...
I will keep testing, including change a ground point..
Sponsored

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
Magnet mount. I only used the front half of the mount which keeps it flatter against the dash
IMG_0333.JPG

Extension socket location
IMG_0334.JPG

Works well for me
IMG_0335.JPG
Did you use adhesive or screws to mount the magnetic holder? Ty

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Did you use adhesive or screws to mount the magnetic holder? Ty
I have the same CB,

Mounted in the same place except my magnetic holder is mounted vertically and only using the the included double sided tape.

I didnt use any screws or anything and it holds perfect even on the extremely hot 40+ degree days.

Been in for maybe a year and no signs of wanting to fall off yet haha

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
I have the same CB,

Mounted in the same place except my magnetic holder is mounted vertically and only using the the included double sided tape.

I didnt use any screws or anything and it holds perfect even on the extremely hot 40+ degree days.

Been in for maybe a year and no signs of wanting to fall off yet haha
I was thinking of screwing it in but ended up using the adhesive as well. Seems it was specifically designed for the holder anyway so it's good to know after 12-months and high temperatures the adhesive has held.

Thanks

Sponsored

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I got the topsy RHD mic mount, no screws or tape and can also mount a ram ball on it for phone mount etc. Just need the JLUR to arrive now ;)

kieseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Overland
I took a lot of inspiration from the posts here to install my GME XRS recently. I wanted to share some stuff I learnt that might help the next person installing theirs.

The Topsy mount for RHD is a pretty good, clean install. The GME magnetic mount sticks well to it just using the supplied 3M tape. It’s about $80 USD shipped though!

My firewall is kinda full with the Rock Slide Engineering steps and the ARB compressor and Air Lockers wiring… so I found it easier folding the windshield down and tucking the UHF wiring under the gap.

The power cord GME gives you is very short, and I had lengthen it to reach my SPOD. I don’t get why GME uses a glass fuse though, and will probably rewire it with a mini blade fuse holder one day.

I wasn’t sure how well the GME RJ45 adapter would attach to the centre console using 3M tape, since the surface is textured and the mic cord will be pulled upwards a lot. Therefore, I attached the adapter to the centre console’s bolt cover cap, by making four small holes to it and using two small zip ties to thread through the back of the adapter to the cap. Once I clipped the cap back over the bolt access port, the adapter won’t budge no matter how much I pull on the mic cord.

I kept the whole installation on the passenger side, which I meant I had to put the head unit in the glove box. The area under my steering had no space because there is this weird factory electrical box mounted there.

The antenna mount was an Amazon item for American style CBs and since the GME has a fat spring base, I had to step drill the hole wider to make it fit. I put cheap rubber pads from Bunnings between the mount and cowl to protect the paint from rubbing.

FA899BAE-D31B-420A-B967-E0FC1A72C8E3.jpeg

967A1506-566F-4913-9AE3-3671D05D656A.jpeg

3A9DAD64-5E06-4FE7-9DDF-CA4F00FC7DC6.jpeg

8F4B793F-F39B-449B-B6E5-74CFA2E2EB8B.jpeg

E74C28D7-C71F-435C-BBAE-6E2964AE3C55.jpeg

EB535122-844D-4991-AA99-95016056659E.jpeg

4028606D-541F-43B6-85C7-893ACE71FA61.jpeg

CA7AFEE1-9ADD-4B8D-B67D-2B6C63DB4FDA.jpeg

B24D6C0A-6496-4952-86EB-D1041CB2E455.jpeg
Sponsored