devaka

First Name
Devaka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Hi,
Do you have few photos to guide, running wires through firewall. Trying to install a gme radio and can’t figure out a grommet.
Sponsored

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Of you have an automatic this picture shows a plastic area that can come out or drill through. It is on driver side. I drilled and used some caulk after pulling GMRS antenna wire to close gaps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fire wall entry for power and HD antenna wire PXL_20210109_230131877

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I heard in our Aus spec jeeps, its behind the batteries.

So pull them out and you'll find what you are looking for =)

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Of you have an automatic this picture shows a plastic area that can come out or drill through. It is on driver side. I drilled and used some caulk after pulling GMRS antenna wire to close gaps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fire wall entry for power and HD antenna wire PXL_20210109_230131877
We're RHD in Australia so things are located differently. I think that plug is still there but not fun to get to.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Hi,
Do you have few photos to guide, running wires through firewall. Trying to install a gme radio and can’t figure out a grommet.
I removed the passenger side fender for easy access. There is an existing grommet with an additional nipple that is not used. I cut the first few mm of the end of the nipple to open up the hole. It is the perfect size for the aerial cable. I added a little silicon grease to enable the small connector and cable to be pushed through the grommet then secured the grommet to the cable with a small cable tie. Sorry, no photos.
Sponsored