Another One Touch Question

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Hello all. I am about to order my 3rd JL Rubi and I am really interested in the One Touch. I've read the forums here and MOST love it but the odd few JLs that ran into, rattle, leaks, not sealed, longevity, etc is making me shy away from ordering it. I was wondering if possibly the 21 has been adjusted or made better? Happy Holidays!
Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Hello all. I am about to order my 3rd JL Rubi and I am really interested in the One Touch. I've read the forums here and MOST love it but the odd few JLs that ran into, rattle, leaks, not sealed, longevity, etc is making me shy away from ordering it. I was wondering if possibly the 21 has been adjusted or made better? Happy Holidays!
Hi Scott,
I haven't read anything about there being a change in the SOT for 21. I love mine and have had no problem with it at all. I would strongly recommend getting one. Fun to open the top this time of year, but I am a convertible lover! My other car has a drop top!

OP
OP
YFD_322

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Yeah I really like it. Maybe I'm reading into to much. My luck mine will be bad.lol. I'm hearing people say there is no way that this top can last years also. I think I'm going to go for it! Thanks!

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Yeah I really like it. Maybe I'm reading into to much. My luck mine will be bad.lol. I'm hearing people say there is no way that this top can last years also. I think I'm going to go for it! Thanks!
There is no reason it can't last a long time. My Corvette convertible top was much more complicated, and it lasted 13 years until I sold it. Did put a new canvas on, but just because it got dirty. It was tan. I have a black top on my 17 and again have had no problems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
YFD_322

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
True. I just texted my dealer. Hope he puts it in today. I wish the tracking build another forum had was still working. Loved to track them! Happy Holidays!
Sponsored