DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've got that one now. It is rock solid and has a perfect mount for my action cam. The one gripe is that the phone is higher than it needs to be. I'm going to contact Rugged Ridge and see if they can redesign/reshape the arm to lower the phone a couple inches. Otherwise, I like it pretty well. It certainly is solid for off-roading. I have their mount in my JK, too, and it has survived some pretty harsh bouncing around.
RoFOBqp.jpg
ESiAdBb.jpg
Sponsored

RubiconRider

First Name
Deen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2016 Rubicon
I swapped out the mount attachment with a lower profile on. My phone sits a little lower. The thing I like about this mount is how solid it is and looks like it "belongs" to the jeep and not some add on..

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped out the mount attachment with a lower profile on. My phone sits a little lower. The thing I like about this mount is how solid it is and looks like it "belongs" to the jeep and not some add on..
Where did you find a lower profile mount? If I can lower the phone a bit, it will be perfect!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
When I had the one's on the JK, I tried all kinds of mounts with it and it was still up to high and a pain to deal with. Also, up high, the smart phone was plagued with glare. I also, wanted to move to a magnetic mount.

Anyway, the ProClip gets the smartphone down, where I can get to it without reaching, I can see it better and the glare is no longer such an issue.

I'm using a magnetic mount now versus a clamp on phone style and geeeeeeeeeeeeez, it is so nice to just touch the smart phone on the mount, it grabs instantly and I'm good to go. Comes off just as easy. Just pull it off, with one hand.

It is a shame that guys can't experience what I have now before they make the plunge with the old style Rugged Ridge offering. I do believe you try and you would want the Pro Clip Mount for JL..... with their phone clamp or a mag set-up.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When I had the one's on the JK, I tried all kinds of mounts with it and it was still up to high and a pain to deal with. Also, up high, the smart phone was plagued with glare. I also, wanted to move to a magnetic mount.

Anyway, the ProClip gets the smartphone down, where I can get to it without reaching, I can see it better and the glare is no longer such an issue.

I'm using a magnetic mount now versus a clamp on phone style and geeeeeeeeeeeeez, it is so nice to just touch the smart phone on the mount, it grabs instantly and I'm good to go. Comes off just as easy. Just pull it off, with one hand.

It is a shame that guys can't experience what I have now before they make the plunge with the old style Rugged Ridge offering. I do believe you try and you would want the Pro Clip Mount for JL..... with their phone clamp or a mag set-up.

I may try the Pro Clip, but I'm already 40 bucks into the RR and it doubles as an action cam mount. I also have to do a clamp because I need wireless charging at home and at work. A lower arm would really do the trick.

Sponsored

RubiconRider

First Name
Deen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2016 Rubicon
I dont like the athstetics of the pro clip. It looks like an obviously aftermarket phone mount. With the RR I also use a magnetic mount which I have used both my phone as well as my tablet to mount. My tablet doubles as a GPS and sits directly about the uconnect screen. When mounted the tablet looks almost stock.

When people see it for the first time they say, "Wow 2 screens? I didnt know Jeep made it like that!" I then pulled off the tablet and they all say how clean and authentic it looks.

I'll use the tablet for GPS (GOOGLE MAPS) as well as movies/videos for passengers to watch on longer drives with the audio going through the Jeep speakers via bluetooth.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
The idea of the action can mount is cool. I am going to see what angles I can get for a few “driver perspective” shots when I wheel this weekend. I will admit the RR design is sleek. Someone on another forum mentioned it was shaky/flimsy, but doesn’t sound like that is the case. Need a mount for my iPad Pro as well...

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The idea of the action can mount is cool. I am going to see what angles I can get for a few “driver perspective” shots when I wheel this weekend. I will admit the RR design is sleek. Someone on another forum mentioned it was shaky/flimsy, but doesn’t sound like that is the case. Need a mount for my iPad Pro as well...
I’ve got an iPad mount on the way!

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just as a follow up on this, I took the JL off road and the ProClip mount did the job well! Even without the sticky tape, my phone held in place in all kinds of terrain and off camber situations. Super solid and I love that I can move it in different spots on the dash.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Just as a follow up on this, I took the JL off road and the ProClip mount did the job well! Even without the sticky tape, my phone held in place in all kinds of terrain and off camber situations. Super solid and I love that I can move it in different spots on the dash.
As you know, I am using the Pro Clip mount with a magnetic mount attached to it. I have a Samsung S8 smart phone.

The last few days I have been on some pretty rough, back roads and the Pro Clip mount did not budge (I'm not using the double sided tape either) and the magnetic mount held on to the phone.

I think to myself, geeez, this Pro Clip is a real decent offering and for the price.

My idea of using a magnetic mount has really worked out. Probably best smart phone on a Wrangler that I have ever had.

Sponsored

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
I want a Qi charger. So, this is a cheap ($12) Qi charger base attached to a piece of Kydex wrapped around the grab-bar.
IMG_2681.jpg

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I want a Qi charger. So, this is a cheap ($12) Qi charger base attached to a piece of Kydex wrapped around the grab-bar.
IMG_2681.jpg
Looks like it’s doing the job. Love the DIY!

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I got this new ProClip mount as well and it is working out great! Very solid mount (well I did add my own 3M industrial tape to keep it snug) and I rigged up my carplay charger locking mount. Now I can hit the trails hard and it won't budge a bit.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
does the ProClip mount compress or leave a mark on the front edge of the dash?
So far, no issues. The dash is form enough and the padding on the tape is meant to prevent it. I have had mine mounted for several weeks and there is no mark or indention.
Sponsored