Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Installed this today, and really like the fit and finish, especially at the price point. This is made to fit the JL dash, and can be mounted anywhere along it with no drilling or suction cups. Clever design for sure!

Sponsored

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Will that mount anywhere along the dashboard or mostly just the center. I like it.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It mounts anywhere along the dash since the dash itself is runs straight across. You could even slid it down to the passenger side for a passenger. I know my wife always sits there holding her phone for hours on the way to Colorado, and she will appreciate this on our next road trip!

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
I like the concept, but the mounting plate having two extra holes and not being symmetrical would drive me crazy. If it just had four centered holes for the holder to screw into I'd probably buy it.

*Edit - I just realized that you have to buy the mount and the phone holder separately and it's $65 for both (or more if you choose certain holders). I'll stick with the Rugged Ridge mount.

Last edited:
OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I like the concept, but the mounting plate having two extra holes and not being symmetrical would drive me crazy. If it just had four centered holes for the holder to screw into I'd probably buy it.

*Edit - I just realized that you have to buy the mount and the phone holder separately and it's $65 for both (or more if you choose certain holders). I'll stick with the Rugged Ridge mount.
That mounting plate on one side is different, but I just have the phone to one side so it evens out

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@American Jeeper

I liked what I saw in your video. I have been looking for a mount that is non-invasive.... no screws, no tape on dash, no damage to plastic due to weight of mount, etc.. I also wanted a mount that I could easily and in seconds, attach and just as easy to remove. I just want the mount for long road trips, etc..

I want to use a magnetic mount. Magnetic mounts/their magnets have come a long way...
I want my cellphone quickly on and off... I do not want to deal with a cellphone clamping device. Been there done that..

So, I ordered the Pro-Clip Phone Mount JL. I used a $7.00 Pro-Clip discount coupon found easily on the internet.
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/855431-proclip-center-dash-mount

My plan is to fasten a Scosche Magic Mount to the Pro-Clip Phone Mount JL. (I ordered one. Can return, bought on Amazon) I'm sure it will do the job for me. IF it is not eye appealing, lets say, I will move to some other type of mounts that will stick onto the Pro-Clip Phone Mount JL.
https://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MAGD...=1-1-spons&keywords=scosche+magic+mount&psc=1

Will post back here in a few days when I have all set-up..

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@American Jeeper

I liked what I saw in your video. I have been looking for a mount that is non-invasive.... no screws, no tape on dash, no damage to plastic due to weight of mount, etc.. I also wanted a mount that I could easily and in seconds, attach and just as easy to remove. I just want the mount for long road trips, etc..

I want to use a magnetic mount. Magnetic mounts/their magnets have come a long way...
I want my cellphone quickly on and off... I do not want to deal with a cellphone clamping device. Been there done that..

So, I ordered the Pro-Clip Phone Mount JL. I used a $7.00 Pro-Clip discount coupon found easily on the internet.

My plan is to fasten a Scosche Magic Mount to the Pro-Clip Phone Mount JL. (I ordered one. Can return, bought on Amazon) I'm sure it will do the job for me. IF it is not eye appealing, lets say, I will move to some other type of mounts that will stick onto the Pro-Clip Phone Mount JL.
https://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MAGD...=1-1-spons&keywords=scosche+magic+mount&psc=1

Nice, hopefully it works well for you. I am planning on testing it off road in a few weeks, and will report back as well.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@American Jeeper

Well, I received the Scosche dash mount today. Nice little offering (pricey for the friggin thing). Anyway, it looks like it will play well, look decent with, work well, with the Pro-Clip Phone Mount JL.

Will post more on Thur. when the Pro Clip shows up in the mail.

For the record, the very thin metal plate that comes with the Scosche dash mount, slipped easily in between the Otterbox Commuter case and my my Samsung S8 cellphone. The magnet on the Scosche dash mount, grabs tightly right trough the Otterbox case... 8-)

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I received the Scosche dash mount today. Nice little offering (pricey for the friggin thing). Anyway, it looks like it will play well, look decent with, work well, with the Pro-Clip Phone Mount JL.

For the record, the very thin metal plate that comes with the Scosche dash mount, slipped easily in between the Otterbox Commuter case and my my Samsung S8 cellphone. The magnet on the Scosche dash mount, grabs tightly right trough the Otterbox case... 8-)

Nice, I am very interested to see how it works out. Thanks for sharing and keep us in the loop!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

@American Jeeper
@everyone

Well, I received the ProClip Mount JL today.... Will start by saying that the mount is real nice. Looks good and well made.

Anyway, went to install the mount and geeeeez was it a bugger to get the one end into the opening near the windshield where the plastic curve, needed to go over the lip. At first I thought, no way will I get this thing in that narrow opening. I persisted and it did finally go into the opening and went over the lip.. Can tell you that getting it off will be doable but it is not just going to lift right up and off without some fooling with it.

Long story short, my Scosche Magnetic Dash Mount worked well and mated right up to the end of the ProClip mount. The adhesive on the Scosche gripped firmly. The Scosche mount stuck on the end of the ProClip mount does not look bad at all.. seriously, not bad to look at ...

The magnet on the Scosche held the smart phone well, even on pretty bumpy roads.

Can tell you, no way is that ProClip Mount JL, going anywhere, even if you drive off road with it. It's on there!

Granted the magnetic mount may not do the deed on rough trails, so if you are going to be on real rough trails you may just want to go with the clamp type mount that ProClip sells to go with the ProClip JL Mount.

Can tell you the magnetic mount on the ProClip Mount is slick as chittt and I am very pleased with it. A keeper for sure. So, the ProCLip for JL cost me $26 and the Scosche mag mount cost me $13. So, for a total of $39, I have a hell of a decent smart phone mount. 8-)

Nice thing is with this set-up... the ProClip JL Mount, you can position the mount pretty much anywhere you want and easily.. There are no screws to screw, no cutting of mats... the ProClip is non-invasive..
20181108_122455.jpg

20181108_170042.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@American Jeeper
@everyone

Well, I received the ProClip Mount JL today.... Will start by saying that the mount is real nice. Looks good and well made.

Anyway, went to install the mount and geeeeez was it a bugger to get the one end into the opening near the windshield where the plastic curve, needed to go over the lip. At first I thought, no way will I get this thing in that narrow opening. I persisted and it did finally go into the opening and went over the lip.. Can tell you that getting it off will be doable but it is not just going to lift right up and off without some fooling with it.

Long story short, my Scosche Magnetic Dash Mount worked well and mated right up to the end of the ProClip mount. The adhesive on the Scosche gripped firmly. The Scosche mount stuck on the end of the ProClip mount does not look bad at all.. seriously, not bad to look at ...

The magnet on the Scosche held the smart phone well, even on pretty bumpy roads.

Can tell you, no way is that ProClip Mount JL, going anywhere, even if you drive off road with it. It's on there!

Granted the magnetic mount may not do the deed on rough trails, so if you are going to be on real rough trails you may just want to go with the clamp type mount that ProClip sells to go with the ProClip JL Mount.

Can tell you the magnetic mount on the ProClip Mount is slick as chittt and I am very pleased with it. A keeper for sure. So, the ProCLip for JL cost me $26 and the Scosche mag mount cost me $13. So, for a total of $39, I have a hell of a decent smart phone mount. 8-)

Nice thing is with this set-up... the ProClip JL Mount, you can position the mount pretty much anywhere you want and easily.. There are no screws to screw, no cutting of mats... the ProClip is non-invasive..
20181108_122455.jpg

20181108_170042.jpg

Nice job on the write up and I am glad it is going to work out. Love that you improvised a solution in the spirit of Jeep Wrangker DIY!

You are right about it staying put; the tension on that mount is no joke!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@American Jeeper

Thank you for getting that ProClip Mount JL from ProClip and then posting the video. Were it not for you, I would be missing out on a fine mount or at least I would not have it so soon. 8-)

The mount set-up, I came up with, will more then do it for me. I wanted a magnetic mount and this solution is terrific and the price was right..

Using the set-up as I have it I can position either vertically or horizontally, just to the left of the 8.4 radio. It does not block the view of the 8.4.

It places the phone just at the prefect level for me and just to the right of the steering wheel.

I have had a lot of smart phone mounts and this one takes the cake, so to speak....

For the guy that said the ProClip Mount for JL would not hold up to off roading... Phooey on that! The ProClip and their clamp style mount will shine on the trail.

Geeez, the Scosche mag mount I'm using with the ProClip Mount for the JL will even hold the phone on a bumpy road....

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@American Jeeper

Thank you for getting that ProClip Mount JL from ProClip and then posting the video. Were it not for you, I would be missing out on a fine mount or at least I would not have it so soon. 8-)

The mount set-up, I came up with, will more then do it for me. I wanted a magnetic mount and this solution is terrific and the price was right..

Using the set-up as I have it I can position either vertically or horizontally, just to the left of the 8.4 radio. It does not block the view of the 8.4.

It places the phone just at the prefect level for me and just to the right of the steering wheel.

I have had a lot of smart phone mounts and this one takes the cake, so to speak....

For the guy that said the ProClip Mount for JL would not hold up to off roading... Phooey on that! The ProClip and their clamp style mount will shine on the trail.

Geeez, the Scosche mag mount I'm using with the ProClip Mount for the JL will even hold the phone on a bumpy road....
You bet, and appreciate your enthusiasm about it. The JL does feel like it has a more complete integrated cockpit now that the phone is fixed in one spot and not bouncing all over. Pumped to get off road and give it a go there.

RubiconRider

First Name
Deen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2016 Rubicon

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@RubiconRider

I ran a similar Ruggesd Ridge, mount in my JK's over the years. What I did not like about them was it placed the smart phone up way high. Way high meant it was not as easy to see and work with and also it blocked the field of vision.

With the Pro Clip JL Mount, the smartphone is up high enough to view easily, does not block the field of vision at all and along with that it is not a fixed mount like the Rugged Ridge offering. Not fixed means the mount can be moved across the dash, either way. Great if you occasionally have a navigator on board. Of course, with the ProClip offering, no screws or cutting the dash mat...

Reality is though, both offerings are very decent.

Sponsored